This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

join on !idle

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
z
zielik
Voice

join on !idle

Post by zielik »

I need a script.
I want my bot to join #channel when somebody type !idle #channel on pub. And if this somebody parts from My channel the bot will part his. :roll:
.z!3l!k?!
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Code: Select all

set yourchan "#chan1"

bind pub - !idle idle:chan

proc idle:chan {nick uhost hand chan arg} {
 if {![string equal -nocase $::yourchan $chan]} { return 0 }
 if {![string index # [set c [lindex [split $arg] 0]]]} {
  channel add $c
  timer 1 [list check:idle $nick $::yourchan $c]
 }
}

proc check:idle {n yc c} {
 if {![onchan $n $yc]} {
  if {[validchan $c]} {
   channel remove $c
  }
  return 0
 }
 timer 1 [list check:idle $n $yc $c]
}
z
zielik
Voice

Post by zielik »

sry, but i doesn't work :(
.z!3l!k?!
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

My bad, replace

if {![string index # [set c [lindex [split $arg] 0]]]} {
with

if {[string first # [set c [lindex [split $arg] 0]]] == 0} {
z
zielik
Voice

Post by zielik »

it's ok now, thx :roll:
.z!3l!k?!
r
rt
Voice

Post by rt »

Why are such idle bots supported.

They are lame and pointless
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

rt wrote:Why are such idle bots supported.

They are lame and pointless
if we were to not respond to lame requests, these forums would have lost their basic purpose
z
zielik
Voice

Post by zielik »

eh, i need them on quakenet for Q f/e :P
.z!3l!k?!
D
Decl
Voice

Post by Decl »

I think it's not smart enough to use eggdrops for that. Over the internet there are a lot of "idlebots" existing, which are specially made for idling on channels by command !idle channel.

On quakenet exactly such bots are used, as I have seen. Btw, just to note - idlebots, clones and other thatkind stuff is stricktly forbidden on Quakenet IRC Network. If operators will find you, don't think they will let your bot "idle" on the channels for Q.

Q, as a service on QuakeNet, is needed only in case you are having a full database in L and much enough people in the channel. Therefore, if you have a lot of people in your channel, you can get Q without these idlebots.

And.. hint: eggdrop + L, if you can use them both, are together much better than Q, as Eggdrop has a more features. It's only problem is that it's not a service and doesn't have the rights as Q. Instead, L has almost the same rights, so these 2 together make better security than only Q.

Unforunately, some people think, that having Q on their channel is "cool". But, I went offtopic... :S
www.clanbaseradio.com
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

Decl wrote:Btw, just to note - idlebots, clones and other thatkind stuff is stricktly forbidden on Quakenet IRC Network.
yeah right, and 200k users are all human ;)
D
Dizzle
Op

Post by Dizzle »

demond wrote:
Decl wrote:Btw, just to note - idlebots, clones and other thatkind stuff is stricktly forbidden on Quakenet IRC Network.
yeah right, and 200k users are all human ;)
No, i think 20 % off quakenet users contains eggdrops idlebots, and idling bouncers.

Q, is very handy for big channels, butt al the extra features off Q, can be maintained by an eggdrop, autolimit, protect user, banlist, topic features.
L, is much more stable then Q, atm Q splits like 3 times a day, and L almost never.

imo Q sucks ;) , cant wait till Quakenet improves this with Q9.

Back too topic ;)
What's this real life ppl keep talking about ??? And where can I download it ???
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

20%? make that at least 50

AFAIK, that network doesn't utilize automatic anti-drone and anti-spam facilities, and since most of the channels (maybe all) are run by clan kids, I'd imagine they attract the attention of other like-minded kids who run drone botnets
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

Wrong, Q hardly splits at all.

And quakenet does have a anti-drone service called T.
This bot creates random clients with random hostnames that join big channels to check for onjoin messages by trojans and effectivly glines them for it.
Only sad thing is the trojans have also been joining the smaller channels lately and T doesn't.

As for anti-spam there is S which sadly only sits in the bigger channels with 100+ but stops spam very effectivly.

Also, i think you are very much underestimating Quakenet demond. It rarely happens that quakenet opers don't find out about such botnets on Quakenet seeing as they have all kinds of services which detect exactly these things.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

MeTroiD wrote: This bot creates random clients with random hostnames that join big channels to check for onjoin messages by trojans
heh, my home country's biggest network also happens to run similar entity, which is naive at best, and annoying to the users; I wonder if they borrowed it from qnet :) seriously, those kind of things should be non-intrusively implemented in ircd, without resorting to external entities
Also, i think you are very much underestimating Quakenet demond. It rarely happens that quakenet opers don't find out about such botnets on Quakenet seeing as they have all kinds of services which detect exactly these things.
well it must be that quake thing; I simply can't imagine an adult who is a gaming freak :) I know I'm wrong but I can't help it hehehe
D
Dizzle
Op

Post by Dizzle »

MeTroiD wrote:Wrong, Q hardly splits at all.
come on, the last few weeks are a disaster, butt dont gett me wrong metroid, i think quakenet is a good network, with very good channel services. Only thing i hate, the operators off qnet arent very friendly.

butt i woudnt be friendly at all if all the childeren are shouting at me :D
What's this real life ppl keep talking about ??? And where can I download it ???