This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Hub bot gets rejected by the leaf bot

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
D
Datamike
Voice

Hub bot gets rejected by the leaf bot

Post by Datamike »

I'm sure you guys are probably sick and tired of this, since I found several posts on this matter, but unfortunately none of them really address my issue. I've linked one hub bot to one leaf bot. The leaf bot has no problem sharing it's user file with the hub bot, but the hub bot is rejected by the leaf bot.

Error msg: User file rejected by leaf-bot: Not sharing userfile.

I've checked and double checked the flags, read through the botnet page a hundred times, looked through google, browsed these forums for an answer. I've checked that I can easily telnet to the host of the leaf bot, with the port I've set into the hub bot. I've checked that the bots are linked. In essence, I can't find a single thing wrong; save that error message.

Could anyone give me a tip or something? I'm all out of ideas.

EDIT: sorry guys, thought I had posted this into the Eggdrop Help category. I must be getting old... :oops:
The more you learn, the more you know.
The more you know, the more you forget.
The more you forget, the less you know.
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

make sure you have the needed modules loaded.. transfer,share
.modules will verfiry this
even tho you said you checked flags.. another reason you could get this error is having certains botflags set.. so check flags again ;)
dusk
Halfop

Post by dusk »

I've got this problem once, telnetting to the bot worked like a charm but userfilesharing didn't work.

I got the problem solved with using the NAT-firewall settings and not using the 'set my-ip' and 'set my-hostname' settings.

Grtz
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

gumbydammit wrote:make sure you have the needed modules loaded.. transfer,share
.modules will verfiry this
even tho you said you checked flags.. another reason you could get this error is having certains botflags set.. so check flags again ;)
that must be it, module share is not loaded in the leaf

I took a quick look at the source, and that particular err msg appears only in (*sharein)() null stub, which is only a placeholder while module share is not loaded
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
D
Datamike
Voice

Post by Datamike »

Thanks guys, it was indeed the shared module, which was missing from the leaf bots. Didn't even think of checking the modules, since I assumed I had remembered using the same config file from the hub bot in the leaf bot.

I really appreciate your help, thanks :)
The more you learn, the more you know.
The more you know, the more you forget.
The more you forget, the less you know.