This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

eggdrop can't find tcl8.4.7 libs even when installed

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
M
MtM

eggdrop can't find tcl8.4.7 libs even when installed

Post by MtM »

At first I tried to install eggdrop, but I said I needed tcl. Ok, so I downloaded and installed tcl8.4.7.

I have tcl8.4.7 installed on rh9, and the libs are in the following location:

/usr/local/lib/libtcl8.4.so , etc

I 'make clean', then './configure' eggdrop, and everything goes fine. (It doesn't bitch about needing tcl anymore, and at the bottom, it says do 'make config'. So I do 'make config'

Everything goes fine, and it tells me to do 'make'.

So I go get my runts, and when I come back, I have this error:

All modules compiled.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/eggdrop1.6.17/src/mod'

Test run of ./eggdrop -v:
./eggdrop: error while loading shared libraries: libtcl8.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make: *** [modules] Error 127

I've tried to configure with the --with-tcllib=/usr/local/lib/ and it gives me the error that my tcl is old or something (but it's the newest version)

Anyone have any ideas?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Try this:

Code: Select all

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

./configure --with-tclinc='/usr/local/include/tcl.h' --with-tcllib='/usr/local/lib/libtcl8.4.so'
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
M
MtM

Post by MtM »

Well... that worked for installing it. It makes now, and I was able to 'make install DEST=/usr/local/eggdrop' And that seemed to work too. But now when I try to start the eggdrop. I am getting that same error about now being able to find the binary again. Any idea why it was able to make ok, and not it's not able to run?
Last edited by MtM on Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

You weren't doing anything wrong MtM :)

This particular problem seems to arise with the latest Red Hat version for some reason.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
m
matrixbs

Post by matrixbs »

you have to insert /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf and then do "ldconfig".
Now you can compile your egg :wink:
T
TurboChicken
Halfop

Post by TurboChicken »

just to let people know... the same problem occurs in fedeora core... and this does work as a fix.... not just for eggyies
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

do a `ldd eggdrop' and note the location of tcl library that eggdrop's binary is linked against

then before starting your bot, export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/that/location/directory

thus eggdrop will be able to find its tcl lib
J
Jheremias
Voice

Post by Jheremias »

matrix wrote:you have to insert /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf and then do "ldconfig".
Now you can compile your egg :wink:
U Really rule:)

This problems occurs and at debian too. What exactly are we doing by adding this line ad this file? We tell the system that there are some libs at another location? :o

By adding it no problem with tcl occured:) Thanks a lot!
X
XPFTP
Voice

mandrake also

Post by XPFTP »

just try to do this on mandrake to see if it work .. samething.. so this would tell me it is a eggdrop issue not a linux issue... no??? if it is doin the samething on as of now 3 diff versions of linux.. and i have try to enter the info stated b4 hand.. and i think i not understand it all.. as it doesnt work.. maybe a step by step .. install tcl with that command or is it install eggdrop with that command....... iam lost here
d
dmacdonald111
Voice

...and another

Post by dmacdonald111 »

Hi. I have read all of the posts regarding libtcl8.4.so and I am having exactly the same problems. I am using ubuntu.

I have tried all of the suggestions that I could find, but I am still having the same problem of the file not being found.
demond
Revered One

Re: ...and another

Post by demond »

dmacdonald111 wrote:Hi. I have read all of the posts regarding libtcl8.4.so and I am having exactly the same problems. I am using ubuntu.

I have tried all of the suggestions that I could find, but I am still having the same problem of the file not being found.
what suggestions exactly?

the problem you are experiencing is one of the most common problems people are having with eggdrop (if not the most), it has been discussed zillion times already and the handful of working solutions presented over and over and over again
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

tag when posting logs, code
d
dmacdonald111
Voice

Post by dmacdonald111 »

I have followed the suggestions from the posts that are on this forum. What other suggestions would I be talking about? I have been stuck trying to get this eggdrop to work for over seven hours and it's about to go out of the window! ah!
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

what's stopping you from describing your exact experience with that? just explain what you did try, in details, and I'll try to help you out - you must have messed up something
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

tag when posting logs, code