This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

i got it to work but...

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
c
chubbychub
Voice

i got it to work but...

Post by chubbychub »

i had this eggdrop working for 2 days.. reponding to dcc chat and everthing until i started installing .tcl files for identiy.tcl google.tcl etc etc.. and i change the bot.conf file. But i have edit the bot.conf file so much i dont remember what was change. but now the bot logs onto the server and every 4 minutes will quit and never logs back on. so i check see if is running (using the command "ps x") on the shell and is still running but i can't find the bot on the server. and is not only this server but it does it on all the servers. where should i look ? or where is my problem? this is waht i get when in the logs :

[17:20] Bigbot joined #channel.
[17:33] Writing user file...
[17:33] Writing channel file...

and i go to the shell and kill it ("terminate signal")

seems like everytime it writes to the file it will quit whatever serve he is on. and it happens in 4 minutes after he joins.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

start over, with clean config and no scripts; add scripts gradually, checking that each one works
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
c
chubbychub
Voice

Post by chubbychub »

i was thinking about redoing the whole thing again.. but then i will never figure out what was wrong..
in what lines does the bot.conf file is making it set to write the files at a time interval? or what is making it write ?
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

I'd suspspect a script or module that freezes the bot by endlessly waiting for syncronous input or running an endless loop. There shouldn't be a possible setting from the default eggdrop that can make it stuck.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
c
chubbychub
Voice

Post by chubbychub »

ok.. i tested all the .tcl scripts and i binded them so i will have less varable errors and it did the same thing. but, i notice that when i change it to a channel where there is just me and the bot... the bot didn't log off and all the scripts worked fine, but as soon as i get it to a channel where there are ppl in it.. then is just logs on for 4 minutes and is the same outcome for other servers. As soon as i get it into a channel with ppl then it logs off 4 minutes after. any ideas? thanks in advance
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

no idea until you can track down it further. try replacing uncommon scripts with common known-to-work scripts with same/similar features.

It could be bind specific (modes, joins, parts, quits, ctcps, actions, etc.), it could be character specific of channels, topics, nicks or chats (in which case I can only think of an error, not an hang up, but you never know), it could be an increasing problem. if some kinds of stats are stored they might fill up the memory (in which case the bot should crash, not hang up...)... maybe you wil recognize its impossible to tell the reason. Try to stay in telnet with all logs turned on, maybe the last lines will tell some more.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
c
chubbychub
Voice

Post by chubbychub »

ok i got the bot to work and join tha channel. but thru dcc chat i am getting this:
12<bot12> [19:34] [s->] PRIVMSG #lamest :op me cos i'm lame! how can i take this off? it does it every minute
in my bot.conf file i deleted the entire line and every line that says: op me.. is deleted.
this is what i have for channel to join:

channel add #testscript {
chanmode "+ntr 1"
}

.rehash .reload and .save but is still does that every minute.. i am just aobut to give up on this eggdrop... so plz help me finish it.
c
chubbychub
Voice

Post by chubbychub »

never mind... got it to join so far and working.. i guess the channel that i was testing on just need an @ to sit there.. now is stop doing it.. now testing without any .tcl script and see how that goes..
dusk
Halfop

Post by dusk »

Just type .chanset #chan need-op in your partyline , with no parameter set this function will be disabled.
c
chubbychub
Voice

Post by chubbychub »

EGGDROP IS GREAT!!!!!!!!! after editing my conf file 50 times if not more and making 10 different conf files and trying different things out to find out waht was wrong with the wasting 2 weeks of testing time with eggdrop.. I FOUND THE SOLUTION! it was simple.. just commented out the a .tcl script that was corrupted or badly coded.. which made the bot go in endless circles and time out.. and PROBLEM SOLVED! thanks guys.. i was feeling pretty stupid and about to give up on the eggdrop.. but now i am loving it.. only thing is that those .tcl scritps are great IF CODED RIGHT! :P .. but i understand as most just do it for free..and is freewae.. what can you say.. can't complaint! .. THANKS TO ALL! :) even thanks to the guy who bad coded that script.. kind of made me learn all of the things in the conf file and what each setting does.. which i understand more.. :)
De kus.. it was the thing that you said.. endless loop on a bad coded script! YOU GUYS GREAT! :) .... didn't think such a simple script could cause such a big mess.. was giving me errors.. and didn't show in the logs.. but finally IT'S DONE..