This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Namespaces .. i think

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
F
Figga
Voice

Namespaces .. i think

Post by Figga »

Hi , im trying to develop a script that takes it triggers from another script , i need it to catch events that appear on the partyline ,,
do i use "namespace eval" or not ?

if so , whats the syntax for this , i have checked man pages all over but i dont understand them very well

Thanks
-F
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

no need to worry about namespaces. their main purpose is to avoid name collions with var and proc names. by edititing one word, the whole script gets another prefix. at least I haven't seen another real purpose for using namespaces :D.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

WHAT IS A NAMESPACE?

A namespace is a collection of commands and variables. It encapsulates the commands and variables to ensure that they won't interfere with the commands and variables of other namespaces. Tcl has always had one such collection, which we refer to as the global namespace. The global namespace holds all global variables and commands. The namespace eval command lets you create new namespaces.
Tcl Built-In Commands - namespace manual page
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM