This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Connection Problem

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
C
CrazyEgg
Halfop

Post by CrazyEgg »

cause i cannot understand what means "real ip" pls try to explain me.
hosts on bot meaning the host what join.
carl (~psy@ACCB4C7C.ipt.aol.com) joined #channel

host on bot *!*psy@*.aol.com is recognisible.

also as you say he cannot chat with you.Meaning that has problem with settings on his client.

now.i have to tell you that:
/dcc chat bot is diferent with /ctcp bot chat and different with telnet connection:

/dcc chat bot ---> the user make request to chat with bot(bot connection request only password) <---your upper paste is that *Password timeout on dcc chat*
/ctcp bot chat ---> client to client protocol that bot send dcc to user(bot connection request username and password)
telnet connection via putty or telnet client is other protocol where request from user to know:1.bot address 2.port for users 3.username 4.password.

now:
try to read this ---> http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=10399

some person write that not cause he have nothing better to do but for help ppl like your friend and you or me.is not hard to read the help file:)
also pls read all the replies from the A to Z and you will see that the solution is here.