This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Checking Bans

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
P
Passionate
Voice

Checking Bans

Post by Passionate »

Hello All,

When we have some more than 4 bots or something.. and for punishments.. every bot will have some different banmasks..

For example, a person swears on the channel.. one bot will make ban level 2 one bot will make ban level 3 and another will make ban level 1.. In this case.. is it possible to make one of the bot to correct the bans.. to a proper one.. like to put the highest level of ban.. banlevel 2 is ok.. so the rest of the bans can be removed by the bot.

For nicks as well.. some bots will have diff type of banmasks..

Sex!*@* <-- this is correct.. but somewill do.. Sex!*@*.* .. so both the bots will react.. here the second banmask is not needed.. so it can be removed..

Next is ip bans.. If one bot makes banlevel 1.. and another makes banlevel 3.. but the banlevel 2 is needed in this case.. so the bot should make a banlevel 2 .. and clear the other 2 bans.

Can Someone Help me here? :)

Thanks in advance. :)

Rgds

Passionate.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

I personally would advise you to fight the evil at the root... correct the scripts and use botnet scripts to forward the bans properly. I doubt you could make a script that can knows after a ban was set if that ban was correct or not.

i dont know which ircd your network uses, but the ones I know would not accept Sex!*@*.* as long Sex!*@* is set and override Sex!*@*.* as soon Sex!*@* is set.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...