This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

What in the hell? (URGENT)

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
T
TheAnarchistRebel
Voice

What in the hell? (URGENT)

Post by TheAnarchistRebel »

Pardon my language, but...What in the f uck is this? I've never heard of Eggheads, or any of that until a few days ago when I start up my computer and something pops up looking similar to the command prompt. It says bunch of stuff about an eggdrop, Eggheads, and a Robey Pointer. And in the task manager processes, an eggdrop.exe is there. So, tell me, what is this 'eggdrop' and why the hell is it on my computer?!
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

It's on your computer because you or someone with access to your computer installed what is called a 'Windrop'. It did not get there all by its little self btw. :P

What is an Eggdrop?
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
T
TheAnarchistRebel
Voice

Alchera wrote:It's on your computer because you or someone with access to your computer installed what is called a 'Windrop'. It did not get there all by its little self btw. :P

What is an Eggdrop?
I never put it on here, and I make sure no one else gets on my computer. It just seemed to appear the other day. How do I get it off?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

kill the process, search for eggdrop.exe and remove the whole folder. Also, make sure you secure your computer so no one can access it and install applications on it.
Linux
Halfop

Post by Linux »

Dear TheAnarchistRebel,
There's nothing enough bad that you describe your problem with a little abusive language, read carefuly what Alchera answerd i.e. "It's on your computer because you or someone with access to your computer installed it." Its a program and cannot install or execute itself. Check your system security might be someone else have access and using computer on your back.

How do I get it off?
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL
then Click on Task Manager
Click on Processes in Windows Task Manager
Move your mouse pointer on eggdrop.exe, right click on it and click End Process.

-REGARDS-
I'm an idiot, At least this one [bug] took about 5 minutes to find...
T
TheAnarchistRebel
Voice

Thanks, and sorry about the language. I was just pretty worried, since really my computer is my life...heh. Anything were to go wrong with it, I'd have basically nothing since there really is nothing to do where I live. And, I'm pretty attached to my computer.