This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

SOLUTION TO /DCC CHAT BOT

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
i
irclovah
Voice

SOLUTION TO /DCC CHAT BOT

Post by irclovah »

Hi i've seen many of you guys complaining about problems with connecting to eggdrop via dcc. I had the same problem, tried many things.
I realised that when i dcc to the bot using irssi instead of the mirc, there is no problem. It comes when using normal mirc or it's clones. The bot just handle instead of asking user for a password. I tried many things and finally i've found the solution. I've tested it with other friends and it works for them too.
Now here what you need to do.

In your mIRC client press Alt-T this will open the menu-tools tab then chose options. In options go to "servers->options" and click on "Advanced" button. New window should appear. You should see "Port range for connections" notice. Uncheck "DCC" and "Other" boxes.
Save your settings. Remember these two settings must be turned off. Now try to connect to your bot.

It helped me and my friend to /DCC CHAT with my bot. Hope that it will help you also.
a
anixion
Voice

Post by anixion »

doesent work :(
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

all you need to know about DCC and how to make it work is in the top sticky post of this forum
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
a
anixion
Voice

Post by anixion »

you type this

//ctcp botname chat
i
irclovah
Voice

Post by irclovah »

Demond i want you to know that before i posted my message i had tried all of your sticky post. Nothing had worked so i had decided to post on the forum the solution that i had found. Works for me and other persons connecting to my bot. Your solutions didn't help me.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

you are confused, you haven't automagically solved your problem by unchecking port range DCC option (btw it's not Server->Options, it's Connect->Options) - if you have, that would mean you simply got lucky and forced mIRC to somehow use available port(s) on your system/firewall
use

i
irclovah
Voice

Post by irclovah »

I could agree with you but the problem is that my other friends couldn't connect to my bot also. My solution helped them. And i'm not talking about one shell account. I have 5 shells running and all had the same problem. After changing ports in mirc everything is running good. Ohh and i also talked with my admins and they said that firewall had nothing to do with the problem.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

it's not their firewall which is relevant to the problem, it's your firewall

I don't know what ports mIRC uses when the option for default range is unchecked (I could investigate but that doesn't bother me too much), but it's quite possible you and your friend have similar configuration which somehow forbid opening listen port in default range (1024-5000) and allow otherwise

In any case (or rather, in most cases), your solution won't help the average user; chances are, their system/firewall has different configuration than yours and that of your friend
use

i
irclovah
Voice

Post by irclovah »

After your post i turned off my firewall, nothing has changed. So i assume that it's not a problem of my firewall. I've also noticed that the problem considers only my bots. When i connect to other bots using default mirc ports i have no problems. But when i connect to mine i need to change them. I have bots running on 4 different shells. And on every shell i have the same problem. People connecting to my bots also.