This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Kick ban

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
s
sjones
Voice

Kick ban

Post by sjones »

Hi guys,
I would like my bot to ban someone who has been kicked 2 times within the last 120 seconds or so. I thought flood-kick did this, but it does not.

I don't want them to be kicked, I would like them to be banned. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

use xchannel.tcl

it has the ability to punish various offenses according user-specified sequences of actions, for example kick on 1st offense, ban on 2nd; or immediately ban on 1st, etc.
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
s
sjones
Voice

Post by sjones »

Thanks alot for that, I'm just wondering is there a way I could set it up without having to dcc to the bot and use .chanset? For some reason my bot won't accept dcc requests. If not it's ok, I'll have a look at the code and see if I can come up with something..

Cheers buddy :)
s
sjones
Voice

Post by sjones »

Nevermind I fixed the dcc issue. Thanks a million for the script it's a great help!
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

just one caution:

you will need to patch your bot (as suggested in xchannel's support thread) or use the latest CVS version - because of a bug in 1.6.17, chan settings won't save correctly
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code