This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Multi-language

Website and forum-related announcements and discussion, and anything else that doesn't fit in the above forums.
dusk
Halfop

Multi-language

Post by dusk »

This is only a suggestion, but i've seen al lot of colleges who do have problems to express themselves in English. Certainly German or French users of this forum. Most of us want to help out but sometimes it's impossible to make out what the poster really means. Maybe a seperate topic for people who can't express themselves in english could be welcome.
I'm willing to translate anything in french and dutch. I know this is a question what will be not accepted as an extra feature....but why not?

My opinion is that this could be an addition to te forum.My vision : aren't we here to help eachother??
As you all helped me??

GRTZ
Linux
Halfop

Post by Linux »

There are no restriction about Languages on this forum, i guess. Everyone is welcome here. :)
I'm an idiot, At least this one [bug] took about 5 minutes to find...
dusk
Halfop

Post by dusk »

I know, I just made a proposal to make things simpeler.......guess there's no harm in that?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

forum.egghelp.org is an International site and therefore English is the primary language.

There are some that are able to respond in a posters native tongue if they (the original poster) are having real problems understanding; we even redirect them to sites in their own language if possible.

dusk makes reference to German and French users, I think they are catered for rather well by at least 3 of us. But then, you cannot ignore Urdu, Bahasa Indonesia, Hindi etc etc either using his suggestion of an "extra feature".

The suggestion has no merit in regard to a forum such as this with so many users from so many different countries using it.
Linux wrote:Everyone is welcome here.
A very accurate statement. :)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
dusk
Halfop

Post by dusk »

Just want to help....that's all

GRTZ
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

dusk wrote:Just want to help....that's all

GRTZ
You'd be helping by assisting any user that is having problems; using their native language to get a point across if needed.
Search | FAQ | RTM
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

I opened a whole (large) thread in German and nobody complained so far. I believe its a matter of the right balancing. Answering everyone in his own language would make it hard for others to find the stuff via the Search button. But answering a few thing to make it easier for him to understand (usually they have more problems to write english than to read, so maybe an answer in english is still possible).
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

I will restate the obvious (again):

forum.egghelp.org is an International site and therefore English is the primary language.
Search | FAQ | RTM
Linux
Halfop

Post by Linux »

Alchera wrote:I will restate the obvious (again):

an affirmative argument. :)
I'm an idiot, At least this one [bug] took about 5 minutes to find...
dusk
Halfop

Post by dusk »

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea maxima Culpa
Better never opened this thread...

:p GRTZ