This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Help with Public Commands

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
J
Josh_J
Voice

Help with Public Commands

Post by Josh_J »

Hello fellows, I've been using an eggdrop for a while and I recently added the Commands & Control, Channel Control by TCP-IP for public commands on the channel, and I'm having some little annoying problems I was wondering if you guys could help me with. I'm not much of a scripter myself so I was needing the kick and mkick commands which require a ! mark in front of the reason not to be included in the kick reason. As it is now if i do for example ( .kick person !reason ) then they get kicked with the reason ( !reason ) but it also includes the exclamation point in the reason when they are kicked. I'd like it if the exclamation mark didnt show when they are kicked for the reason. Those are the only two commands that require the ! mark in front of the reason, so any chance you guys could help a fellow forumer out?

Btw, link to it is: http://www.egghelp.org/cgi-bin/tcl_arch ... oad&id=440
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

have you tried to contact the owner of the script?
Btw. they code is very outdated and not really something you would code nowadays... but I have a really really stupid question:

Have you ever tried to not use the exclamation mark in the reason?
I can't see a hint in the code that you should need it :P.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
J
Josh_J
Voice

Post by Josh_J »

Yea, I tried without the ! before the reason and it doesnt include it if you forget one, it treats the individual words as usernames that way. In any case, I found a newer public commands script from Opposing that doesnt seem to require the ! mark. I'm hoping it works for me better. Thanks for the reply ;)
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

anyone using public commands for bot management deserves to be publicly humiliated by an imposter
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code