egghelp.org community Forum Index
[ egghelp.org home | forum home ]
egghelp.org community
Discussion of eggdrop bots, shell accounts and tcl scripts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Public Commands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Script Support & Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh_J
Voice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Help with Public Commands Reply with quote

Hello fellows, I've been using an eggdrop for a while and I recently added the Commands & Control, Channel Control by TCP-IP for public commands on the channel, and I'm having some little annoying problems I was wondering if you guys could help me with. I'm not much of a scripter myself so I was needing the kick and mkick commands which require a ! mark in front of the reason not to be included in the kick reason. As it is now if i do for example ( .kick person !reason ) then they get kicked with the reason ( !reason ) but it also includes the exclamation point in the reason when they are kicked. I'd like it if the exclamation mark didnt show when they are kicked for the reason. Those are the only two commands that require the ! mark in front of the reason, so any chance you guys could help a fellow forumer out?

Btw, link to it is: http://www.egghelp.org/cgi-bin/tcl_archive.tcl?mode=download&id=440
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
De Kus
Revered One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried to contact the owner of the script?
Btw. they code is very outdated and not really something you would code nowadays... but I have a really really stupid question:

Have you ever tried to not use the exclamation mark in the reason?
I can't see a hint in the code that you should need it Razz.
Love hurts, love strengthens...
Josh_J
Voice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I tried without the ! before the reason and it doesnt include it if you forget one, it treats the individual words as usernames that way. In any case, I found a newer public commands script from Opposing that doesnt seem to require the ! mark. I'm hoping it works for me better. Thanks for the reply Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
demond
Revered One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone using public commands for bot management deserves to be publicly humiliated by an imposter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Script Support & Releases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: