This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Public Commands

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
S
SkiZm
Voice

Public Commands

Post by SkiZm »

How would one go about executing a public command via your bot just as a normal user would.

Example: !help from a user will give some information on the channel in the channel.

If I wanted the bot to execute !help, what would the code look like?

I have tried a generic PRIVMSG line, but all I get is !help but no execution, which is prolly correct.
dusk
Halfop

Post by dusk »

Did you even try a search on this forum?
S
SkiZm
Voice

Post by SkiZm »

dusk wrote:Did you even try a search on this forum?

Of course I did. I would take it from your remark that this question has been asked and answered. Obviously, I must be searching with the wrong terms.

In the time it took you to post a reply, you could of been more productive and provided me a link or at least pointed me to a search that would have yielded better results.

I hate it when an individual spends time looking for answers and finally (reluctantly I may add because of your type of responses) decides to ask the question in a public forum only to receive a non-helpful answer. By non-helpful I mean going out of your way to be obtrusive.

If you can't help me foo, don't reply and don't patronize me.
dusk
Halfop

Post by dusk »

I never said I wouldn't help you.

If you want a simple bind and proc maybe this can set you on your way :

Code: Select all

proc pub_help {nick uhost hand chan arg} {
  global botnick
  puthelp "PRIVMSG $chan :yourhelpline 1"
  puthelp "PRIVMSG $chan :yourhelpline 2" 
  return 0
 }
bind pub - !help  pub_help

It wasn't my meaning to patronize anyone, but something like this is found in many scripts (let's say mostely funscripts),just a little adaption would bring you this far...

GRTZ
Merry Christmass btw
S
SkiZm
Voice

Post by SkiZm »

dusk wrote:I never said I wouldn't help you.

If you want a simple bind and proc maybe this can set you on your way :

proc pub_help {nick uhost hand chan arg} {
  global botnick
  puthelp "PRIVMSG $chan :yourhelpline 1"
  puthelp "PRIVMSG $chan :yourhelpline 2" 
  return 0
 }
bind pub - !help  pub_help

It wasn't my meaning to patronize anyone, but something like this is found in many scripts (let's say mostely funscripts),just a little adaption would bring you this far...

GRTZ
Merry Christmass btw

Thanks for the response Dusk. I guess I should have been a little more detailed in my question.

I already have a script loaded that will do that for me via a public command. What I need to know how one would make the bot call the same command or proc without the public command being issued via the channel?

The best example I could give is if I wanted a bot to say a message in a channel every 24 hours, and that message was in another loaded module within that bot that could be called via a public command (!text), how would I have the bot either call that command in the channel, or call the proc itself, even though it's in another loaded tcl?

Merry Christmas to you as well.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

pub_help * * * #channel *