This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Pick-up-Game Script

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
k
koom
Voice

Pick-up-Game Script

Post by koom »

Hey guys,

I'm basically looking for a pickupgame script that is used to organise counterstrike:source easily from any irc window.

Basically a pickupgame script works like this

a player will type .pug to start a game, he will be given rcon access via notice (this changes from a different password for the pug, so obviously, some sort of msg must be sent to the rcon to tell it to change pwd).

Other players will type .join to join the pug. Each player will be given a voice and the bot will announce how many free slots there are (usually 12). These 12 people will be split into 2 and put onto different teams (ALLIES and AXIS teams or in this case, terrorists and counter-tourists (Counter Strike:Source)

Once 12 people (including the starter) have .joined the game, the admin will would type .locknload or something similar. the .pug command will be disabled untill the admin writes .endpug.

The bot will announce what players and what teams they are on, and would msg the rcon (automatically) to start a game and load any random map.

This is, in a quick writeup what a pug bot does. I know these are around as i have seen them far and wide on various irc networks, so i'm sure they are availiable somewhere.

If someone could point me in the right direction, i would appreciate it.

Cheers,
koom

edit-- i have read this script here http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php? ... =pick+game but as it wont actually send commands to the rcon, it is pretty pointless as to what i need it for (but it may be possible to mod this with an rcon script... if one was made)
k
koom
Voice

Post by koom »

time to bump this up, hopefully someone can help.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

you should have realized by now that the people who usually donate scripts to this forum are not CSers, and what you need requires knowing CS APIs or whatever it's called
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code