This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop v1.6.17 - bot freezes up after issuing .help command

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
d
daedalus01
Voice

Eggdrop v1.6.17 - bot freezes up after issuing .help command

Post by daedalus01 »

Sort of a strange issue, but whenever I dcc chat with the bot and issue the .help command, it echos my input:

Code: Select all

[1:35pm] <icarus01> [13:35] #daedalus01# help
but never outputs the help information. I believe it used to (I haven't used the bot for a few months) but now it fails to do so. Any suggestions? My only suspicion is maybe a permissions error on the help file, but it looks OK.

I'm running the bot on a Windows host (so it's technically a windrop), but everything else seems to work fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

is it really freezing or just the dcc connection? could be because of a MTU missmatch, if only the dcc connection fails.

If it is because of a permission problem the bot would give you an error saying so on startup. Maybe there is simply no helpfile either. Why ask us? Check it yourself, we cannot access your bots dir and check it.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
d
daedalus01
Voice

Post by daedalus01 »

I did a reinstall of the bot last night (fresh files, but reused my conf, .chan, and .user files). Same problem exists - but the file permissions stilll look fine. I have to close the DCC session in order to be able to reissue commands to the bot. A restart of the bot is not required.

I've also found that if I telnet into the bot, login normally, then the .help command works fine. After issuing the .help command from the mIRC client (while already in telnet), the DCC link is actually terminated

Code: Select all

*** Daedalus01 joined the channel.
[08:31] #Daedalus01# help
[08:33] Lost dcc connection to Daedalus01 (yyyy@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/1030)
*** Daedalus01 lost dcc link.
Would this then be an issue with my client (mIRC) rather than the eggdrop itself?
Last edited by daedalus01 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

Not neccessarily, it might also be the router (if you are using one and use its DCC features). But checking the block size for DCC connections can't hurt. Thought eggdrop is supposed to use it only in file transfer mode. But you can checkout 'set dcc-block' as well.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...