This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

whois'ing with eggdrop

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
Tristam
Voice

whois'ing with eggdrop

Post by Tristam »

Hello! I'm not sure in which category this post would belong, move it if necessary :)

I'm an ircop in our small irc-server around ~100 people, we're running the latest unrealircd. I need a script to do this:

When people say !whois <nick> in a channel, the bot would whois the user given, and give out the real ip/host of the user, This is needed so other staff members can check out some users ip's with the bot, without being ircops themselves..

I've got so far with some whois scripts found in the tcl archive, that I can output the cloaked host of the user, but anyone can see that! I need the _real_ host. (only ircops can see that)

Yeah, this is really a bit hard for me :) Anyone, some ideas? I made the bot ircop already, but how can I output:

Code: Select all

[talviesa] is connecting from *@a80-186-216-***.elisa-laajakaista.fi 80.186.216.***
instead of what I get now:

[talviesa] (talviesa@***.***.***.***): talviesa
Any ideas, anyone? :)
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

<- :irc.localhost.com 378 caesar caesar :is connecting from *@127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1
Bind the raw 378 and get the ip with something like:

bind raw - 378 raw:378

proc raw:378 {from key txt} { 
  putlog "realip is [lindex [split $txt] e]"
}
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
Tristam
Voice

Post by Tristam »

Yay! That made the trick.. got it working now, great!

Thanks!!!
Tristam - tristam@iki.fi