This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Problem with "The_Quickening"

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
R
R-WaT
Halfop

Problem with "The_Quickening"

Post by R-WaT »

Code: Select all

x "\002\Q\002"
set response "\002\Ok!\002"
set responseb "\002\Understood!\002"
set responsec "\002\Yes Boss!\002"

set scriptvers "Version 2.0"

set botowner rwat^ms

#Configuration For 'Reset' And 'Hop' Commands
#Set your channel names here
set #MouseSkills ""
set #TheSyndicate ""
set #esbuilder ""

#Set your keys here
set rwat^ms ""
set *!r-wat@*.h4x0r.gamesurge ""
set rwat^ms ""
set rwat^ms ""
set defaultowner "rwat^ms"
set defaulthost "*!r-wat@*.h4x0r.gamesurge"

#Don't Touch These
bind pub o|o ${botnick} individual_commands
bind pub n bots all_bots_commands
bind msg o|o auth auth_me
bind msg o|o deauth deauth_me
bind sign o|o * deauth_sign
bind part o|o * deauth_part

Did I do something wrong? because the bot doesnt respond to commands.. ill do "thesyndicate say rawr" and it wont say rawr, it wont do any commands that are on that script..

Help please?
R
R-WaT
Halfop

Post by R-WaT »

Was I supposed to put the nickname and host after like the "set nickname" or "set hostname" or w/e was there?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

R-WaT wrote:Was I supposed to put the nickname and host after like the "set nickname" or "set hostname" or w/e was there?
I'd say that was perfectly self explanatory.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

No, that entire section (Set your keys here) is for setting room keys (passwords) in, there is a default owner and default host key option which just gave the bot a password to try if the room it had been asked to join wasnt configured in the script. This was set up like this because the script was originally designed for use on IRCX servers which allow entry to a room using a owner or host password straight to that position. If you arent using an IRCX server then leave that entire section blank as it is by default.

Code: Select all

#Set your keys here
set firstchanowner ""
set firstchanhost ""
set secondchanowner ""
set secondchanhost ""
set thirdchanowner ""
set thirdchanhost ""
set defaultowner "notachanceinhell"
set defaulthost "nochance"
As for the bot not answering any commands, yes I have noticed this occasionally too and have never been able to pin down exactly why. There is a very simple answer, either rehash the bot through DCC or issue the command "Bots rehash" which does the same thing, after doing that the script will work perfectly (assuming you have auth'd).

I have no idea why this is needed as I never really looked into it, I can only assume one of the binds I used clashes with something and as I havent touched this script in nearly 4 years I just never got round to fixing it.

On the couple of bots I still use that script on, I'm just in the habit now of every time I start the bot I automatically rehash them after they join the server. I know, its lazy and one day I may actually get round to working out why they do it. But after a rehash the script works perfectly every time.
"Insanity Takes Its Toll, Please Have Exact Change"
R
R-WaT
Halfop

Post by R-WaT »

thanks for ur help :)