This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

cdiss and sentinel on netbots

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
s
shorte
Voice

cdiss and sentinel on netbots

Post by shorte »

Ok so heres the deal, I found this addon for netbots the other day called cdiss which rocks, I have a rather large botnet and I am totally hip on the "call for backup" feature so that way it doesn't look like my channels over run, anyways the problem I have is that when I set a netbots group to join the channel and if there's over 4 bots in that netbot group, then it triggers sentinels flood protection and locks down the channel, so I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of what I need to add to sentinel to make bots exempt from the flod protections (at least the join flood protection) and if this is even possible.

Thanks before hand :)

ShortE

(and I'm a noob when it comes to coding so be nice :))
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Bots simply having global 'f' or 'of' flags set should fix it.

Code: Select all

.chattr <handle> +of
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
s
shorte
Voice

Post by shorte »

Well I thought it would too to be honest but it doesn't they still trigger the ban.
[ BotNick]: HANDLE PASS NOTES FLAGS LAST
[ BotNick]: Bot1 yes 0 bfloN 10 Feb (linked)

(note I changed the nicks there but that's what they're all flagged as)
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

If each is recognised by the other then it should not happen. Just re-check addresses of each and make sure they "know" eachother.
Search | FAQ | RTM
s
shorte
Voice

Post by shorte »

Nope, checked that too, they add their hosts via botnetop, and they all recognize each other, you know I might just change the flood setting to just over the number of bots that join.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

This is definitely a sentinel ban being imposed? I ask as bans imposed by it are all prefixed 'sentinel'.

Internal flood control is probably the solution.
Search | FAQ | RTM
s
shorte
Voice

Post by shorte »

Well it's not a ban, they just lock the channel, and do the channel notice, like the other protections on sentinel kick in

that's what I'm lookin to get around, sorry if I was leading ya down the wrong track :). No bans are set, but the channel gets set +mi and they do the notice, I tweakd my settings and adjusted the number of bots I have as 'backup' and changed the join flood settings in sentinel for the time being
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

sentinel doesn't respond to join floods, only join-part floods. Check the bot's log and see what type of flood it is detecting.