This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

bot behaving badly, wont op ppl and wont dcc chat

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
n
nytram
Voice

bot behaving badly, wont op ppl and wont dcc chat

Post by nytram »

Hi,

My bot works fine half the time, but sometimes it wont let me login or op ppl (even tho nothing has changed withing the bot) Seems to be temperamental.. can anyone advise why its doing this?

Thanks,
Martyn
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Your host probably changed and the bot does not recognize you anymore. Try to add a host into your handle that you know will not change.

PS: you can use wildcards (i.e. *!*ident@127.0.0.*)
n
nytram
Voice

Post by nytram »

Hi Sir_Fz

You're right that when my host sometimes does change it won't let me in then either. But I've checked my whois and it's the normal one, which the bot should be accepting. Also when it goes wrong like this, it won't recognize the other people who have ops and give them @. My suspicion is that it's a problem with the bot's configuration, or maybe with the shell provider, but I don't know.

Thanks,
Martyn
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

nytram wrote:But I've checked my whois and it's the normal one, which the bot should be accepting.
Did you check to the user file to make sure?
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
n
nytram
Voice

Post by nytram »

Yep I've checked the user file and it's just normal, matching my whois info. The strange thing is, it does work most of the time, but sometimes it becomes unsocial and work recognise anyone...