This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

How many putquick statements should I have?

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
s
stevegarbz
Op

How many putquick statements should I have?

Post by stevegarbz »

I've got a greet script that is set to greet people who join channel 'x' using the 'putquick' statement. It greets 8 people in 30 seconds, max. Is this too much, or can I increase the limit? The higher the number, the better. I don't want to flood out my bot, though.

I'm also running a few other scripts, but they aren't contant like this one.

Thanks!
Steve
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

If you would like to increase that amount of messages use a slower queue like 'puthelp' or 'putserv'
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
s
stevegarbz
Op

Post by stevegarbz »

Which one is the fastest?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

puthelp is the slowest, then comes putserv and putquick.
s
stevegarbz
Op

Post by stevegarbz »

Ok, thank you very much. I changed it to 15:30 using putserv.
s
stevegarbz
Op

Post by stevegarbz »

Hmm, I've used about 3 greet scripts so far, and all of them seem to stop working after a period of time... any ideas why? Bot isn't flooded out.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

I personally would use puthelp and dont care any more about flood. I have used puthelp to dump larger amounts of text (command helps), but never ever had any trouble with it. puthelp usually sends the lines in about (rather more) than 2 sec delays and since the server usually kicks for about 512byte in 2 sec and 1 line cannot be bigger than 512 (510 + \r\n) bytes you theoretically cannot be dropped, unless some lag or many putquick statements occur. putserv statements while puthelp queue is played will first put from normal queue and after that continue with help queue.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
s
stevegarbz
Op

Post by stevegarbz »

I'm using the following script:

Code: Select all

set onjoin_msg {
 {
  "Hello, $nick - $chan is powered by www.PrecisionEffect.com / #PE - Premium Web Hosting"
 }
}
set onjoin_chans "#chicago.cs #esbuilder #terroarized #enervate #angkor #divine #opposition"

bind join - * join_onjoin

putlog "Onjoin greet script loaded"

proc join_onjoin {nick uhost hand chan} {
 global onjoin_msg onjoin_chans botnick
 if {(([lsearch -exact [string tolower $onjoin_chans] [string tolower $chan]] != -1) || ($onjoin_chans == "*")) && (![matchattr $hand b]) && ($nick != $botnick)} {
  set onjoin_temp [lindex $onjoin_msg [rand [llength $onjoin_msg]]]
  foreach msgline $onjoin_temp {
   puthelp "NOTICE $nick :[subst $msgline]"
  }
 }
}
For some reason, after it sends a few times, the bot stops sending all public messages? This happened on 2-3 greet scripts I have used, I kept switching thinking it was the script. Please help!

EDIT: Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

The puthelp queue may become very slow sometimes because of huge stack in it, just wait a little bit and I'm sure all messages are going to be delivered. Also, make sure that your server doesn't have some limit for msgs (most servers do).
s
stevegarbz
Op

Post by stevegarbz »

I had to remove the script. My bot stopped processing all public commands, including channel protection and global ads.

This is using a NOTICE method, so it shouldn't be getting a target change or anything like that? Please help, I want this to be functional.