This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

incith:weather (2.8p) (Dec. 18th, 2008)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Ah, it's because they use a "descriptive" forecast.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fin ... ?query=yow

If you notice, it seems to be manually typed up in the lower right area.. I can't really parse that for information as it isn't consistent (the words will change, etc)

Hm.. I think I see a way to fix it tho, so stay tuned for version r8 (or 2.0 if I get really ambitious). I *probably* won't code the changes in today, but expect it to be fixed in r8 anyway. Thanks for reporting it, and sorry it took so long to reply.. I didn't think anyone responded to this thread. :)
incith
Master

Post by incith »

It seems forecast is slightly broken today (they removed a single space before °), I've begun work on v2.0 .. will hope to release it soon for all of you. :)
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Stan wrote:YOW gives me the error.
Your problem will be fixed in v2.0, but other locations will now be broken. I am now going to be using mobile.wunderground.com as the location to parse. On mobile.wunderground.com, YOW gives normal forecasts, but, for example, 90210 uses descriptive forecasts.

There's not much I'll be able to do about this, some locations will have all the data upon using !weather, some not.

There's also a location that was shown to me today, Lahti, Finland, the last updated date is in the year 2004!. So again, some locations will work better than others.

Regards,
d
djval
Voice

Post by djval »

When 2.0 is released you will post a link to it here ?

If not where can we download it from ? 8)

Cheers, DJVal
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Yeah I'll definitely post a link here. :) It'll also be available on IRC, irc.freenode.net / #incith
incith
Master

v2.0 Released

Post by incith »

-link expired-

File is gzipped, not tarred. You should only have to gzip -d incith-weather-2.0.tcl.gz to get the .tcl file.

I didn't get everything into it that I wanted, but I want people to have a working weather script. It is mostly tested, so I hope errors will be reported to me (via e-mail preferrably).

Edit: It should be mentioned I decided not to go with using mobile, but I'll still be using it in some way in a future release. But most places should work 100% for now.
Last edited by incith on Sun May 14, 2006 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J
JAFO
Voice

Post by JAFO »

THX 4 the update m8

Loving da script :)
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Here's an unexpected update! I've changed the script to grab forecast data from mobile.wunderground.com should it fail the first time, this way a lot of locations should have their High/Low & forecat data displayed & working.

In the next few releases I'll be trying to speed up how fast it displays results.. you have to consider now that, it will be trying to connect to wunderground.com and grab the data it needs, and if it fails it will then connect to mobile.wunderground.com, so sometimes it will be fetching the HTML for two sites, which will slow things down a little bit.

Script has been submitted and it is available for download in this post as well.
incith
Master

Post by incith »

v2.2 released, fixes a new problem with the updated times. Download from the first post of this thread or when the Tcl archive updates.
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Version 2.5a has been submitted to the Tcl archive. Download link and changes available on first post.

2.5a instead of 2.5 as it first was. I made some more changes and wanted to avoid confusion to anyone who may have already downloaded it.
n
nsrafk
Halfop

Post by nsrafk »

The link in your psot doesnt seem to work m8 :)
incith
Master

Post by incith »

That's what I get for updating too quickly =) Fixed now, thanks!
n
nsrafk
Halfop

Post by nsrafk »

np, now im happy! :D nice script btw mate! its awesome ;) just like your other scripts.
incith
Master

Post by incith »

2.6: incith-weather-2.6.tcl.gz
After releasing 2.5a a user on IRC mentioned 2 problems to me, that multiple results were basically broken, and locations with EEST were broken. There may be other timezones which I will continue to update as time goes on. I've fixed these 2 problems now and have asked slennox to update the Tcl archive for this problem so that not too many will have downloaded 2.5a. Sorry for any inconvenience this caused anyone. Thanks for coming to tell me about the problems Sampppa.
Update: ICT timezone is also broken. Bangkok and others will be affected. I cannot look into this until later.
As per this update I hope things are clear enough. I will work on fixing the timezones that Tcl does not like. Just going to work now, will hopefully release another fix to the forums sooner than later.
incith
Master

Post by incith »

I have released version 2.6a. I no longer use timezones at all in doing clock/time calculations, so there should not be any more errors at all. And of course proper high/low will still be used.

See the first post for a download link.

Update on 2.7:
2.7 will contain what previous weather verions used to have, the astrology data.
(17:33:39) <incith> !sky
(17:33:41) <visitant> Edmonton City Center, Alberta Astronomy; Sunrise: 5:09 AM MDT; Sunset: 9:55 PM MDT; Moonrise: 12:27 AM MDT; Moonset: 6:39 AM MDT; Visible Light: 18h 26m; Daylight Length: 16h 45m; Tomorrow: 1m 52s longer
Further updates on 2.7 - Here is the current ChangeLog:
# 2.7: astronomy is back, !sky <location>
# pressure has been added back to !weather
# multiple results problem fixed (hull, united kingdom)
# variable weather_format controls which data is sent
# fixed a bug in the way i was grabbing wind direction
# - basically, it wasn't showing 'Calm' when it actually was
# <country> searches (!w malaysia for example) will now return
# - multiple results correctly
And weather_format, commented has everything, and uncommented does not have w9, which means it is not going to show Pressure data. With this you can change the order and/or remove anything you do not want to show:
# (NEW) if you want to change the order or remove some items that are sent
# w0 - location, w1 - updated, w2 - conditions, w3 - temperature, w4 - windchill
# w5 - high/low, w6 - humidity, w7 - dew point, w8 - UV index, w9 - pressure
# w10 - wind
# variable weather_format "%w0% %w1% %w2% %w3% %w4% %w5% %w6% %w7% %w8% %w9% %w10%"
variable weather_format "%w0% %w1% %w2% %w3% %w4% %w5% %w6% %w7% %w8% %w10%"