This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AFP Problem

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
d
dq
Voice

AFP Problem

Post by dq »

With the AllFloodProtection script, It seems when I try to set ANY of the functions to - or 0:0 via the .tcl it ignores it, sure it works when you disable it thru DCC chat but say I wanted a large veriarty of the script disabled but NOT removed how would you do this?

# use .chanset #channel ap:textl <lines>:<seconds> (in DCC, 0:0 to disable)
# Set default rate here:
lappend ap:udefs {ap:textl 5:2}

It says, set default here but if I wanted the default to 0:0 it ignores it.

Sir_Fz care to help :P
Last edited by dq on Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

This is the dafault setting, which means that it is set on channels where you haven't edited the AP settings yet. For example, if you load the script for the first time, all channels will have these default settings but when you change these settings, the default setting will not apply on them anymore (that's why they're called default and not sticky).

Edit: I assume you know that these settings can be edited via DCC right? (i.e. .chanset #channel ap:textl 5:2)
d
dq
Voice

Post by dq »

Is there a way to make them sticky, and yes I know you can edit them via DCC, but I don't wanna have to edit each setting for the 1 channel, it would be extreamly handy if I could make it 'sticky' via the script.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Well, you don't have to edit each setting for each channel. You can use '*' via .chanset, example:
.chanset * ap:textl 5:2
this will change this setting on all channels. And it will never change unless you change it (same as the default settings, they remain the same untill you edit them).
d
dq
Voice

Post by dq »

Ok, that worked.. but say I wanted EACH setting for the 1 channel turned off apart from 1 or 2?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

In v4.6 which is coming soon, I have a new command ap:disable which will allow you to disable AP on a channel or on all channels.
d
dq
Voice

Post by dq »

Ok sounds good, but if I wanted to do it now.. could you briefly explain?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Unfortunatly you have to disable each setting manually (i.e. .chanset #channel setting1 0:0 or - for each setting).
d
dq
Voice

Post by dq »

Ok, once this is done are the settings stored in a file somewhere so I can copy/paste them into another file and change the channel name so I don't have to redo the settings all over again?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

If you want the same settings on #chan1 to be on #chan2, then use the ap:import DCC command.
.ap:import #chan1 #chan2
and all settings on #chan1 will be set on #chan2.