This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop 1.6.16 needs to connect to a mysql database.

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
r
reaperUD
Voice

Eggdrop 1.6.16 needs to connect to a mysql database.

Post by reaperUD »

Hello,

I am new to eggdrops and I wish to have my bot connect to a mysql database. I am a little lost on where to start. I see the pre-compiled eggdrop-addons are for linux an sunos only. I happen to be running FreeBSD so I assume that i will have to compile this myself. My eggdrop is version 1.6.16. Could someone please tell me, spcifically, what I need to install on my shell inorder to get some type of mysql interface installed? Sorry again for being a newb. If you need any more specifics I will reply with them. Thanks
T
T-Xorcist
Halfop

Post by T-Xorcist »

Try and search for mysql on this forum. You will find your answer! I happen to strugle with mysql myself :)
r
reaperUD
Voice

Specifics.

Post by reaperUD »

I have been reading these posts. Everything listed does not pertain to FreeBSD 4.1. In order to install mysqltcl I will have to install TCL 8.1 and MySQl 4.1 correct? I am very new at this and seeking basic help. All the forums I read are about problems compiling or running the mysqltcl. I'm not that far yet :? After TCL and MySQL are installed and I have compiled the mysqltcl, are the installs of tcl and mysql still needed? I have 100 megs of space on my shell and when i go to install both and the eggdrop, i run out of space.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

yes, you'll need both installs

however, your shell provider might have already installed those - check with them, or/and explore system include and library directories (/usr/include, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib)

on FreeBSD you could also use pkg_info command
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code