This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

small op on deop snippet

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
m
minted
Halfop

small op on deop snippet

Post by minted »

i'd appreciate it if somebody could make me a small snippet for my bot, so it reops itself when deoped.

its an admin on our server, and doesnt use services to reop.
a simple "mode $chan +o own-nick" will op itself.

thanks in advance :)
demond
Revered One

Re: small op on deop snippet

Post by demond »

minted wrote: a simple "mode $chan +o own-nick" will op itself.
disgusting
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

if you don't like it demond, don't reply.

bind mode -|- "-o *" reop:bot

proc reop:bot {nickname hostname handle channel mode victim} {
  if {[isbotnick $victim]} {
    putquick "MODE $channel +o $victim"
  }
}
(don't do alot of eggdrop tcl anymore, but it should work fine)
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

metroid wrote:if you don't like it demond, don't reply.
I wonder what kind of server that guy is on... must be qnet spinoff ;)
use

m
minted
Halfop

Post by minted »

demond wrote:
minted wrote: a simple "mode $chan +o own-nick" will op itself.
disgusting
tell the software developers that, not me.
whats disgusting about it though?
we can do it through our servers services too, but this is simpler.

and tnx metroid :) will try it in a lil while.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

minted wrote: whats disgusting about it though?
how about abuse of power?

and don't say "but I never do that on other people's channels", that's not the point
use

m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

demond wrote:
metroid wrote:if you don't like it demond, don't reply.
I wonder what kind of server that guy is on... must be qnet spinoff ;)
asuka/ircu does not allow opers to op themselves except if they use OPMODE. So, what makes you think it has anything to do with qnet. That's just stupid and it clearly shows you are have your judgements for everything and you obviously think you are right about them all.

Just stop replying if you only have negative content towards the topic starter, nobody cares if you think it's disgusting, it's in the IRCd, live with it.
m
minted
Halfop

Post by minted »

demond wrote:
minted wrote: whats disgusting about it though?
how about abuse of power?

and don't say "but I never do that on other people's channels", that's not the point
its not that kind of server.
its a java based server, similar to msn/yahoo chatrooms.
its privately owned, and doesnt allow anyone to create their own rooms.
the only channels are the ones we've created, so theres no abuse of power there.
although i see where u were coming from.

its commercial chatroom software. its hosted on windows for a start(there isnt a linux version at all).
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

minted wrote: its privately owned, and doesnt allow anyone to create their own rooms.
if it's not IRC (and any chat system that does not constitute a network and lacks the notion of dynamically creatable "rooms", otherwise known as channels, is definitely not IRC), then what do you need an eggdrop for? it's an IRC bot
use

demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

metroid wrote:That's just stupid and it clearly shows you are have your judgements for everything and you obviously think you are right about them all.
can't stand a little pun, can you? :) seriously: yes, I do have my own opinion on most of the topics here, and I reserve the right to express it as I see fit; you may feel free to call it judgement, stupidity or whatever
Just stop replying if you only have negative content towards the topic starter, nobody cares if you think it's disgusting, it's in the IRCd, live with it.
this is not the first time you are trying to lecture me on what to post; mind you, I can be lectured only by the owner of these forums or at least by someone who has as many on-topic postings as I do - and you are neither one; so either ignore my remarks, or learn to live with them
use

m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

demond wrote:
this is not the first time you are trying to lecture me on what to post; mind you, I can be lectured only by the owner of these forums or at least by someone who has as many on-topic postings as I do - and you are neither one; so either ignore my remarks, or learn to live with them
You'd think that you would have gotten the hint the first time then.
You say, learn to live with your remarks, sure. When are you going to stop complaining about IRCd's with these functions, learn to live with them.

Also about the post count, I call it, spamming less. Most of my posts actually help people as opposed that you use this forum to express your own personal opinions on people and IRCds, flaming them for not knowing how to do things (funny enough this is a help forum), or just double posting. (Just like you're doing here)

This is what gets your post count up, i don't do such things nor do i need to.
I try to help people here, you only try to help half of the time, you flame them the other half.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

metroid wrote:Most of my posts actually help people as opposed that you use this forum to express your own personal opinions on people and IRCds,
ah, that must be why you spent more time bashing me than actually helping the guy ;)

don't get too excited - I have no opinion on you
use

m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

Incase you didn't notice, i already helped him. What did you do?
m
minted
Halfop

Post by minted »

demond wrote:if it's not IRC (and any chat system that does not constitute a network and lacks the notion of dynamically creatable "rooms", otherwise known as channels, is definitely not IRC), then what do you need an eggdrop for? it's an IRC bot
it is an irc server. we have the option of allow users to create their own rooms, and do everything else other larger irc servers do. we simply dont offer this though, and the type of chatters we attract dont want/need this.

our chatters are generally computer illiterate, have no irc knowledge, and simply come to our server to chat, via java applets on our webpages. 90% dont know the /join command.

why wouldnt i want an eggdrop for this? i dont use eggdrop to secure our rooms from takeovers/controlling ops/etc. our services does this. since we started back in 99 however, we've used an eggdrop bot to run alot of other channel protections. currently im using sir_fz's allprotection tcl, and use alot of his features.

if u like/dislike the type of irc server i needed this snippet for wasnt in question. i simply politely asked for assistance, only to get ur usual "my cocks bigger than ur cock" response. u've helped me good in the past, and i can see from some of the coding u do and help u give that ur very intelligent. but didnt the school/uni u attended teach u any manners? ur 1 of the most rude and arrogant ppl i've ever come across, and im not just talking about in this thread.

i've said my piece :)
tnx for the help metroid.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

minted wrote: our chatters are generally computer illiterate, have no irc knowledge, and simply come to our server to chat, via java applets on our webpages. 90% dont know the /join command.
that would explain your channel protection efforts, wouldn't it? ;)
but didnt the school/uni u attended teach u any manners?
heh, yet another lecturer; dude, they taught me at least how to spell right ;)
use