This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Trivia 2000 Version 2.2 Released

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Trivia 2000 Version 2.2 Released

Post by Ian-Highlander »

Further to previous updates recently, I'm on a bit of a roll with this script recently so here comes the next update.

This is primarily a major code update to allow users that insist on using coloured text in chat rooms to be able to play the game, prior to this version you had to be using black text for the bot to pick up the commands/answers there is no new additional functionality in this version other than that although this is a fairly major re-write of some sections of the script.

There is however a couple of bug fixes in this new version, one in the hints system (previously a certain command issued at the wrong time would switch of hints completely until the game was restarted when it wasnt meant to) and one that only affects users trying to run Wordgame by Murf at the same time.

Because of the coloured text playability function, this script now requires at LEAST version 1.6.17 of eggdrop to run as the code for this ability was only added in that version. There is new version checking code in the script that will disable the script completely and warn the owner in the partyline if a version lower than this is found. It will also give a public warning if any commands are attempted to be used.

Full description file is here
http://www.eggdropsrus.co.uk/download/d ... 00v2.2.txt

The script can be downloaded from my site here and will be on the egghelp.org tcl archive shortly.
http://www.eggdropsrus.co.uk/download/m ... 00v2.2.zip

Still a lot more to come with this script, I will keep developing it until I run out of ideas for it :D
"Insanity Takes Its Toll, Please Have Exact Change"
k
kuto
Voice

the script hang!

Post by kuto »

Hi,

I'm testing your script and i cant make it work, the trivia start fine but if some users got the right answer, the script hang and not continuosly playing anymore, if i press !start again it says trivia is being played, what i did is !stop and !start again, the trivia is playing continuosly if no one is able to get the answer gracefully.

Tnx.
s
starpossen
Op

Post by starpossen »

Im testing it too, and would really like it to continue eventhough someone gets the correct answer.
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

I'm unable to replicate that problem at all.

Last time I saw something similar to this happen to someone they had changed all the commands in the script and not coded it correctly and the timers where conflicting with another script. I have this script running in a room myself that gets daily use and have never seen this issue with it and its been downloaded several thousand times and no one else has mentioned this problem. I'm not saying its not possible there is a problem, just that without more information its hard to say what it could be.

What version of Eggdrop are you using?

What other scripts are you running?

Have you modified the script at all? (other than the normal configuration).

It sounds like for some reason the script isnt kicking in on the "set gameplaying 0" line in the winner proc (it appears twice in that proc and uses one or the other depending on the situation), but to try and work out why its doing it is near impossible. As I say the only times I've ever seen this sort of thing happen is when someone has altered the script or in one case and only one case it was conflicting with another script.

Give me the info requested above and I'll try and help. You may want to try temporarily removing other scripts one by one and restarting your bot to see if that clears the problem, if it does I would be interested to know which script it was conflicting with so I can re-code the script to avoid it in the future (as happened with Wordgame by Murf).
s
starpossen
Op

Post by starpossen »

Im running eggdrop v1.6.17 (windrop)
Havent change anything
Am not running any other scripts.

Bot stops playing after the first correct answer.
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

starpossen, from what you've said you arent having the same problem as kuto is describing. If the game stops after one question when you have issued the !start command, that's exactly what its supposed to do. The !start command is only supposed to give one question at a time. If you want multiple questions you issue the !start ** command (where ** represents the number of questions you want up to the maximum you have set in the config). So !start 10 would start a ten question round for example.

Does that answer your question? or are you having the same problem as kuto is describing where it stops even though it thinks its still running and !start doesnt restart the game? Your message is unclear.

Edit: I should also point out that I have never tried this script on Windrop as I refuse to run one, Eggdrop was designed for use on Linux based systems. I dont see any reason why it wouldnt work on Windrop but I havent tested it and wont support it on one other than the basics.
s
starpossen
Op

Post by starpossen »

Okay found the solution though I didnt find it anywhere, what I did was type !start
and then it would start, but only with one question
then did !start 25 and the round was set to the default 25.

Its working nicely.
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

That's exactly what I said in my post above :wink:

It's also listed in the help instructions if you type !help :lol:

Glad its working right for you. :D
w
wonka071
Voice

Post by wonka071 »

Great script thx
? in version 2.1 i could edit out the !stop for op only & allow anybody to use !stop i do not see that in v.2.2
anyway to allow this?
also anyway to allow the cmd !trivia to play the defualt 25
without having to use !trivia 25 ?
Thx
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

wonka071 wrote:Great script thx
? in version 2.1 i could edit out the !stop for op only & allow anybody to use !stop i do not see that in v.2.2
anyway to allow this?
also anyway to allow the cmd !trivia to play the defualt 25
without having to use !trivia 25 ?
Thx
I had to completely recode the command structure for the new code allowing coloured text to be used and picked up. But the adjustment's still there, I just moved it. :D

Find this in the script

Code: Select all

#Stop command to stop it running away with itself! :o)
proc stop_game {nick uhost handle channel args} {
   global gameplaying gameonoff gamechan statcol1 statcol2 copycol1 sorrycol
	if {[string tolower $channel] != [string tolower $gamechan]} {
        putserv "PRIVMSG $channel :\003$sorrycol\Sorry $nick, \002\003$copycol1\'Trivia 2000'\002 \003$sorrycol\is not running in $channel try going to $gamechan its playing there :o)"
return
}
        if {![matchattr $handle o|o]} {
        putserv "PRIVMSG $channel :\002\003$statcol1\Sorry the !stop command is restricted to authorised ops only."
return
}
	set chan $gamechan
	if {$gameonoff == 0} {
	putserv "PRIVMSG $chan :\002\003$statcol1\How can I stop something that's not switched on??!! :o)"
return
}
	if {($gameonoff != 0) && ($gameplaying == 0)} {
	putserv "PRIVMSG $chan :\002\003$statcol1\Game is already stopped!!"
return
}
	if {($gameonoff != 0 ) && ($gameplaying != 0)} {
	putserv "PRIVMSG $chan :\002\003$statcol1\Game stopped, enter \003$statcol2\!start\003$statcol1\ to restart game!"
	set gameplaying 0
	set questtoask ""
	set answer ""
	killall_timers
        unbind pubm -|- * answercheck
return 0
}
}
and edit the line

Code: Select all

if {![matchattr $handle o|o]} {
to your preference.

As for having the 25 questions as the default there are currently no plans to do that I'm afraid, although it would be reasonably easy to do for anyone with basic TCL knowledge. :D

HTH

Ian