This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Bible.Tcl

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
M
Mabus4444
Halfop

Bible.Tcl

Post by Mabus4444 »

I've tried both Bible.Tcl scripts from this site but can't seem to get either one of them to work.

The first one works in private, but can't seem to post verses on the channel. There is no error message, it simply doesn't respond on the channel. It does have the capability to give verses on the channel, it simply does not do it for some reason that i can't seem to figure out, but the code is there.

The second one gives an error message saying it's missing 1.dat, even though 1.dat isn't included in the zip file

Any suggestions?

PS.

Both scripts are called Bible.Tcl
The compressed files are bible-0.5.tar.gz and bible.zip

The file locations are -->

http://www.egghelp.org/cgi-bin/tcl_arch ... oad&id=860
and
http://www.egghelp.org/cgi-bin/tcl_arch ... ad&id=1103
Last edited by Mabus4444 on Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

The "first" one is no doubt deliberately written to send private messages rather than flood a channel with text and get itself banned etc.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Filenames might be helpful, since we've no clue what scripts you're even referring to..
M
Mabus4444
Halfop

Post by Mabus4444 »

Alchera,

Thanks for responding. The script has two sets of code, one bind command gives the verse on the channel while the second one gives it only in private. The one that gives it on the channel does not work, and is unfortunately the one i need. The one that gives it in private works, but is of course not very useful for me. I've tried to modify that second set of code to read it on the channel but get errors.

Rosc2112,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've edited the original post to include the tcl names and the zip file names as well as adding direct links to the files themselves.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

I tried the first file you posted and it worked just fine. Try reading the install.txt:

installation
############

1. go to www.ebible.org and download the ascii text
http://www.ebible.org/bible/web/web_olb.zip <- direct link
extract the contents to <root dir of bible.tcl>/txt

2. add a line in your config file default: <eggdrop.conf>
'source <install path>/bible.tcl'

3. edit the bible.tcl
install path: *important*
set bible_setting(path) to your installation path

4. login to the bot and rehash or restart
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Ohh, I should note that the commands are case sensitive, so you have to use the correct case, eg: !bible Genesis 1:1

I'll refrain from commenting about the ugly unreadable colors the script uses and the silliness of case-sensitivity..
M
Mabus4444
Halfop

Post by Mabus4444 »

Hey Rosc2112,

Thanks for testing it, i appreciate you attempts to help me with this.

I did indeed download web_olb.zip and extracted it into a subfolder, and am paying attention to to the upper and lower casing. Remember, it works in the private messaging, but not in the public commands, so the files are there, and they do work .... they simply don't work on the public channel for some reason.

I would greatly appreciate any other thoughts you have that could shed some light on this little mystery.

The script works completely for you, and i appear to have installed it well, since it works in private for me. I can't understand why it doesn't work on the public channel.

If the files were in the wrong place, if the path was written down wrong in the tcl, or if i was typing the command improperly, one would think that it would not work in private as well as not in public.

PS.

Just to add a little detail to what exactly is going on ...
If i type the command wrong {for example without capitalising Genesis}, it will tell me i have the wrong book and even give me a listing of the books. If i type it perfectly, there will be no reply whatsoever, not even an error message in the console.

If if type the exact same command {minus the !} in a private window however, i get the verse displayed without any error.

I was thinking of trying to find a way to alter the code a bit, to make it listen for the command on the public channel and then triggering the private message part of the script, and then having that send the verse to the channel rather than a private notice ... but now that you say the public portion of the script works for you, i'm a bit at a loss on what to do next.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

# public command
set bible_setting(p_cmd) ".bible"

# send readings to nick/channel
set bible_usage(read) "channel"

# bible query style 1 = <command> <book> <chapter> <verse> / 2 = <command> <book> <chapter:verse>
set bible_usage(style) "2"

# user flag
set bible_setting(flag) "-"

Those are the settings I used and it worked just fine. I have no idea what you've done to break it.
M
Mabus4444
Halfop

Post by Mabus4444 »

hmm that looks a little different than what i have. I'm using the original tcl from the zip, the sole change is the path.

# root dir of bible.tcl
# set bible_setting(path) "/home/bot/bot/tcl/bible"
set bible_setting(path) "/usr2/home/dalnet/bot1/bot/scripts/bible"

# public command
set bible_setting(p_cmd) "!bible"

# msg command
set bible_setting(m_cmd) "bible"

# send errors/usage via NOTICE/PRIVMSG?
set bible_usage(error) "NOTICE"

# send readings to nick/channel
set bible_usage(read) "channel"

# bible query style 1 = <command> <book> <chapter> <verse> / 2 = <command> <book> <chapter:verse>
set bible_usage(style) "2"

# user flag
set bible_setting(flag) "-"