This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

need help on a trivia script

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
B
BigBen
Voice

need help on a trivia script

Post by BigBen »

i got this one trivia script, and i put the files in the right place, and i put the trivia.questions file in C:Trivia-Questions\trivia.questions and i get
C:Trivia-Questionsrivia.questions does not exist. and i put a \ in there, cause the computer dosnt show a / in it.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

try \\

Although presumably windrop does know what / means and translates it to the proper \ for doze?
B
BigBen
Voice

Post by BigBen »

i did what you said, and i still get: [15:42] trivia.tcl failed to load: C:/Trivia-Questions/trivia.questions does not exist. And now i put it in "C:/trivia.questions" then it says, [15:48] trivia.tcl failed to load: C:/trivia.questions does not exist.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Try it without the C:, like: "/whatever/directory/trivia.questions" or even just "trivia.questions" and the script should be looking for the data file in either the bot's home directory or in the script directory itself.
B
BigBen
Voice

Post by BigBen »

rosc2112 wrote:Try it without the C:, like: "/whatever/directory/trivia.questions" or even just "trivia.questions" and the script should be looking for the data file in either the bot's home directory or in the script directory itself.
so if i take C: out and leave "/Trivia-Questions/trivia.questions" ?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

This is a Windrop?

If this question file sits in the "scripts" folder then simply try: "./trivia.questions"
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

Code: Select all

C:\\Trivia-Questions\\trivia.questions
TCL uses \ as an escape character. I would imagine that the other people that responded could have figured out what the problem was and provide a correct answer :p
B
BigBen
Voice

Post by BigBen »

it still says: [19:38] trivia.tcl failed to load: C:\Trivia-Questions\trivia.questions does not exist.
c
cache
Master

Post by cache »

Stop using C:\

Put the Questions.txt in 'scripts' folder and simply set:

set path "scripts/Questions.txt"
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

BigBen wrote:it still says: [19:38] trivia.tcl failed to load: C:\Trivia-Questions\trivia.questions does not exist.
Place the question files in the scripts folder of your Windrop.

Load trivia.tcl as normal:

source scripts/trivia.tcl
Edit trivia.tcl settings for location of question files where indicated:

"./trivia.questions"
The above tells the script to look in the directory where it is to load its question file.

The question files cannot be loaded as per the Tcl scripts; locations of question files are set within the trivia script itself (apparently).
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM