This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

RSS news by demond

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
s
stalix
Voice

Post by stalix »

What need for put the URLs in public ? :oops:
Z
Zerg
Halfop

Problem by Umlaut Channels (Chans have ä ö ü sign into)

Post by Zerg »

Code: Select all

<bot> Breaking news from WinFuture.de | WinFuture.de - Das Windows Online Magazin!
<bot> (1) Auslieferung des Internet Explorer 7 als Update laeuft
<bot> (2) nLite 1.2.1 - Windows Installations-CD abspecken
<iam> !news win 2
-bot- no news from win on #bärchen
The bot can´t to remind the infos that he posts in the chan. I think he saved the infos in a data but the umlaut in the data is than a other sign that in the irc...
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

stalix, add ($link) to this line: puthelp "privmsg $chan :($idx) $title"

Zerg, try typing !news on a channel you have joined by typing its name exactly as specified in script's feeds array

I have released a new version 2.2; it's all but certain that would be the last one, I'm fed up with this

new stuff:
  • HTTP redirect support
  • partyline command .rss to manage feeds (add/del/list)
  • the script now does not require TclLib for feeds needing authorization
  • I decided against implementing utf-8 support as it's being transformed to the default iso8859-1 encoding anyway... or not, in the case of Japanese, Chinese and other non-european languages, but whoever needs to use such feeds should upgrade to mIRC 6.2 which supports utf-8
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

tag when posting logs, code
Z
Zerg
Halfop

Post by Zerg »

can you make the first line in code? i see a smiley in this line.

thank you very much
chandra Sha
Voice

Post by chandra Sha »

to see new i must type on channel !news <feed name> [news index #] ex: !news google 1 to seen no 1 google news.

can script change to show only 1st news but automatic, without any one type !news
Z
Zerg
Halfop

Post by Zerg »

stalix, add ($link) to this line: puthelp "privmsg $chan Sad$idx) $title"

Z
Zerg
Halfop

Post by Zerg »

demond wrote:stalix, add ($link) to this line: puthelp "privmsg $chan :($idx) $title"

Zerg, try typing !news on a channel you have joined by typing its name exactly as specified in script's feeds array

I have released a new version 2.2; it's all but certain that would be the last one, I'm fed up with this

new stuff:
  • HTTP redirect support
  • partyline command .rss to manage feeds (add/del/list)
  • the script now does not require TclLib for feeds needing authorization
  • I decided against implementing utf-8 support as it's being transformed to the default iso8859-1 encoding anyway... or not, in the case of Japanese, Chinese and other non-european languages, but whoever needs to use such feeds should upgrade to mIRC 6.2 which supports utf-8
please can you make the first line in code? i see a smiley and i dont know what the signs you use.
thank you very much
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

add ($link) to this line

puthelp "privmsg $chan :($idx) $title"
Z
Zerg
Halfop

@demond

Post by Zerg »

the script changes dont work on the umlaut channel.
:(
c
clutch9
Voice

Post by clutch9 »

Hello there Demon and MANY thanks for your nice rss script announcer. It's the best I've found yet on the net. I've modified the script so it will report the link directly into channel, and I also increased the timeout a little.

Feature requests:
- Check if link or headline is dupe. I have some feeds that report the same link (e.g. a news service have both local and global news. I do not want it to spam the same link twice). The same if headline is same. I know this would probably also disable that the script detects changes in a link, but I don't care about that, and I know many others also agree. So maybe there should be an option for using link as unique check?

- Report how old the news is (if date is found) in a style where it says how old it is. E.g. 20min or 1h20min etc. As a start it would be enough for me that dc:date was just echoed without processing. "2006-11-08T07:43:03+01:0" would be fine. I would really like to also filter on "do not post news older than 1 hour" or similar.

- Better stripping spaces from $title. It seem like I get a lot of $title containing " Headline" e.g. from http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/ut/rss/nettavisen.xml

- Can I have feed name in [] like e.g. if feedname is CNN then the bot sends [CNN] <text>
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

the thing with the date is that its tag could be something other than <dc:date>, for example <pubDate>; also, its format is not specified, therefore it can't be interpreted as number and you need such interpretation in order to be able to compare dates and time intervals

hashing by URL and not title is of course possible, as is fixing of the other small glitches you talk about; unfortunately, as I said above, I'm fed up with eggdrop scripting and it's highly unlikely I'll ever update this script
use

c
cytralskunk
Voice

timer

Post by cytralskunk »

is there anyway to limit the number of headlines it spits out when you do !news feed.. im getting 40 lines on some feeds. Thanks

-cytralskunk
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

no, but you can easily code that yourself, by adding a counter variable inside the [foreach] loop in proc [news]
use

z
zSolo
Voice

Post by zSolo »

For some reason, Its not annouceing the news as it comes. : / Any suggestions

It Updates:L

How do i get it to Update faster or to annouce as soon as the new news is posteded demond
Last edited by zSolo on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

zSolo wrote:For some reason, Its not annouceing the news as it comes. : / Any suggestions
yes, the usual - see what error msg you get on bot's console (dcc party line)
use