This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

stats.mod file version compatibility

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
D
Dnevers
Voice

stats.mod file version compatibility

Post by Dnevers »

I'm in the middle of migrating a bot from a Windrop to an eggdrop, and while I'm at it I need to roll back the stats.mod from v1.4.0 to v1.3.3 to gain stability.

Any "gothca's" I should look out for? File versions compatible? Are there any issues carrying statsmod.dat over from a Win box to a linux machine? Thanks to anyone willing to share their experience and wisdom.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Basically the only difference between a Windrop and an eggdrop is that one runs on Windows.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
D
Dnevers
Voice

Post by Dnevers »

Thanks Alchera. I recognized that Windrops are actually eggdrops that operate in a Cygwin environment in Windows. I have a few of each and I'm making efforts to get them all on one platform. If I read you right, there should be no great concerns moving identically configured bots from one platform to another (ideally anyway).

My greater concern was the stats.mod compatibility from one version to another. I inherited the Windrop with the later version of the stats module and want to roll it back as I migrate it off of the Windows machine. My early tests on this are promising, but you never know. I was hoping the voice of experience would reassure me.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

I do not use the stats module but I cannot see why the later version would be any problem with latest eggdrop.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

I am pretty sure I didnt have any problems, the module discarded the addional informations stored in the file afaik. In worest case you need to deleted them with some regular expression or similar.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
D
Dnevers
Voice

Post by Dnevers »

After trying it on the live bot, I can say this much... It didn't like it! The first clue I had was some of the regulars werent being recognized by the stats module and being added like new users. Doing .smatch on a user gave some interesting results too - the host masks were out of sorts. If I tried to .smerge the newly added users it would sometimes add them back as a new user shortly after the merge. Worst yet was the overnight purgestats, it deleted over 1500 of the 2300 stats users in the userbase (and no, they werent otherwise ready to expire).

So, I'm back to trying to figure out a way to force compatibility.