This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

TVRage.com Schedule Script (Latest: 2.0)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
a
ascension
Voice

Post by ascension »

Hum, then then dict detection is faulty for some reason, good to remove it in that case..
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

GaveUp could explain this better, I dont remember all the details he told me. But, apparently the problem is in dict itself, and is a known problem, it doesn't return the correct version number or something to that effect.

And for whatever reason, my copy of dict doesn't assert any version number, so using "package require dict" works for me, where other systems need "package require dict <version-number>" as I understand the problem.

I'm not sure what the "correct" solution would be as far as the script's checking for the dict package and the version number, since I cannot duplicate the problem.
G
GaveUp
Op

Post by GaveUp »

GaveUp could explain this better, I dont remember all the details he told me. But, apparently the problem is in dict itself, and is a known problem, it doesn't return the correct version number or something to that effect.
You've pretty much got that right. It will show a warning but the code functions fine so it's more a nuisance than anything else. Also, when you see errors like
[3:51/p] <(> [23:52] Tcl error [::tvrage::announceShows]: invalid command name "dict"
it is NOT a symptom of this problem. The above, obviously, indicates dict is not loaded because the module is not available.
Hum, then then dict detection is faulty for some reason, good to remove it in that case..
When you right the code then you can decide what structures and functions to use. dict was chosen for a reason and it will not be going anywhere any time soon. You failure to administer a box and get dict working is NOT my problem. This code is provided for free and until otherwise (read: never going to happen) it is not my job nor anyone elses to make it work for you.

@rosc2112 -- What tcl version are you running? Seeing as dict is new to the 8.5 branch if you're running that that would explain the lack of the version warning.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

I'm running v8.4.11 actually, and dict 8.5.2, compiled with ./configure --enable-threads --enable-shared options.

Edit: I should mention it's also a Linux 2.4.x platform with gcc 3.2.3 and libc-2.3.5 if that makes any diff..My system isn't quite standard, as it's a slackware based system that's been manually upgraded for about the last 10 yrs =)

@everyone complaining about dict:
From what I've read about dict, it's more efficient and flexible than using pure arrays, so it's a better option. And it's really not that hard to implement, just compile it, install and it should work just fine, unless you're on a windoze platform and in that case, you have more problems than just getting dict to work.
<opinion>
Eggdrop, tcl, etc, are *nix platform programs, the ports to windoze are kludges and create more problems than its worth. Get over your fear of learning and reading manuals and run a real os :)
</opinion>
a
ascension
Voice

Post by ascension »

I'm not complaining... but if get detection is faulty that is cause for concern... I am not acting all high and mighty and don't think a simple tcl script author needs to attack everyone that are not making negative comments about or even towards him. Yes, there are lots of stupid questions asked, I did not see anything about the erroneous get detection until rosc's post -- who has been very helpful on this forum for quite a while. Anyway, everyone get along please or get off the high horse. :]
s
scr1pt
Voice

Post by scr1pt »

i get this error when !tomorrow, !tomorrow us

Tcl error [::tvrage::tomorrow]: can't read "show(country)": no such element in array

any ideas?
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

That type of error indicates that there's no data in the cache, run the update-cache command (configurable in tvrage.conf, the default is !updatecache)

I'm doing a bit of work on the script and make it fetch a new cache when such errors are encountered. Actually, I just looked and the last copy I posted should at least give a proper error message, instead of a tcl error.
s
scr1pt
Voice

Post by scr1pt »

k, thanks
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

T
Taz
Voice

Post by Taz »

Thanx for your additional input and support on this project rosc2112. It is appreciated by many I am sure, even if they dont let you know by way of a simple post!!!!! :D
b
bast
Voice

Post by bast »

hey.
Cant get this script to work in my chan.
I have fish enabled, and when i try a command it give me back
invalid command name :: tvrage :: help 0

if i remove the key it works flawless.

and i do got blowcrypt installed so it can decrypt, and all of my other scripts works just fine.

so anyone got any idea? :)
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

What the hell is fish and why would a tv schedule script need blowfish?

Clue: If it works without encryption, don't enable encryption.

The error is because the script uses namespaces and your 'fish' thing doesn't understand namespaces, presumably.
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

they encrypt channel public traffic
so obviously they are trying to get the bot to work with having to translate that
r
romeo5k
Halfop

NOT WORKING...

Post by romeo5k »

in the scripts folder are all three of the files i dloed. : .theme,.conf and .tcl
In my eggdrop.conf file, all three and listed so eggy loads em.
then i restart eggy, and go to dcc chat with bot, try to load it, and its iving me an error. It also says something about dict. I tried reading what everyone on here put about dict, but its still not ringing in my head. I went to the wiki site, and got completely lost. So i searched on google and got only 3 links, wiki was not one of em. Up above is the error im getting... tell em what to do, please.. thnx

**edit** i have dictcom.0.02d.tcl, i just looked andf noticed it, i dont know what its doing there, dunno if its not supposed to be there. But whatever way, its there... so what to do?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Change the order of loading; load dictcom.0.02d.tcl ahead of the tvrage.tcl script.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM