This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Universal channel script

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

no, that's not an existing feature

but you can easily implement it yourself by extending the spam detection regexp in proc handler:

Code: Select all

if {[regexp {(?i)(http://|www\.|irc\.|\s#\w|^#\w|\001DCC)} $text]} {
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

tag when posting logs, code
DarkRaptor
Voice

Post by DarkRaptor »

Thanks demond

Work Perfectly
DarkRaptor @ irc.undernet.org
a
amorpheous
Voice

Post by amorpheous »

Hi,

I've been using this script for a while and it's great.

However, I'd like to enable caps protection for my channel, but when I first installed the script I tried it and it kept kicking and banning people for posting smilies like ":D" as they are uppercase characters, which is a bit over the top. Is there a way to make the script ignore things like that and if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

-amorpheous
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

the caps handler shouldn't trigger action against phrases consisting of less than 4 characters:

if {$len > 3 && 100*$n/$len >= $pct} {
		punish $nick $uhost $hand $chan caps
	}
so single :D won't be punished; 2 smilies won't be punished either, as $pct by default is 70% (and 2 capital D's account for 50%); 3 ot more smilies will be punished, but such emoticon overuse is lame anyway
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

tag when posting logs, code
a
amorpheous
Voice

Post by amorpheous »

Bug report:
http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?p=78313

Anyone know how to fix?

*edit* Oh, and the caps problem was resolved. Thanks.
a
amorpheous
Voice

Post by amorpheous »

Is this script still being maintained? I would really like a fix for the above bug.

Thanks.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

.. and have you done as Sir_Fz suggested in his last post?
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
a
amorpheous
Voice

Post by amorpheous »

Yes, I've searched for statements explicitly returning 1, but only found one function that does that and it doesn't use pubm. Unfortunately, my experience with tcl is limited, so if anyone could look into this for me, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.
e
e-force
Voice

BUG

Post by e-force »

Hello! I have a problem with my eggdrop and xchannel.tcl. I have searched for a problem like mine, but found nothing. That's why i am asking here in this post about it. Here it is:
When i try to start the eggdrop with included xchannel.tcl, the bot has crashed. If i remove the chan file and start the bot again, it runs fine. After adding the channel trought dcc ".+chan #chan", save the result and restart the bot it crash again. I have core dump and debug logif anyone need. Here is part of the command "./eggdrop -n my.conf.

[19:03] Creating x:limit:slack (type 2)
[19:03] Creating x:caps:percent (type 2)
[19:03] Creating x:bad:file (type 3)
[19:03] * Last context: tclhash.c/684 [Tcl proc: source $::xchannel::script;#, param:  $_event1]
[19:03] * Please REPORT this BUG!
[19:03] * Check doc/BUG-REPORT on how to do so.
[19:03] * Wrote DEBUG
[19:03] * SEGMENT VIOLATION -- CRASHING!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
I am using Freebsd (amd64) 7.0-release, tcl version 8.5 and eggdrop 1.6.19.
Thanks in advice!
w
willyw
Revered One

xchannel

Post by willyw »

Just trying out xchannel.

1.) Does anybody still use it? I see this thread hasn't had a post in a long time....

2.) How long is the offense period, before it resets? That is, in the w,k.b sequence, if a channel user gets kicked, how much time must go by with no more offenses, for this user to be back to the beginning of the sequence, and on his next offense get a warning, and not a ban?

Thanks
user
&nbsp;

Post by user »

amorpheous wrote:I would really like a fix for the above bug.
add

return 0
as the last line within the proc called "mass" (line 520 in version 4.2)
EDIT: you may have to add it to the end of the proc named "punish" too (line 430)
Mausam wrote:1.) Does anybody still use it? I see this thread hasn't had a post in a long time....

2.) How long is the offense period, before it resets? That is, in the w,k.b sequence, if a channel user gets kicked, how much time must go by with no more offenses, for this user to be back to the beginning of the sequence, and on his next offense get a warning, and not a ban?
1) I've no idea

2) I'm not familiar with the script, so I have no idea what these 4 things are, but the expiration times (in minutes) seem to be:

offenses: 720, repeats: 5, clones: 60, whoises: 240 (at line 174 in version 4.2)

(PS: I just skimmed the code (i didn't run it), so there could be things i missed)
Have you ever read "The Manual"?
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

user wrote:
amorpheous wrote:I would really like a fix for the above bug.
add

return 0
as the last line within the proc called "mass" (line 520 in version 4.2)
EDIT: you may have to add it to the end of the proc named "punish" too (line 430)
Nice! I didn't ask this, but was sure glad to see you'd replied to it!
I too have the "can't log with +p, or use .console +p" problem. After reading a post here that it was likely caused by a script, I found that it was xchannel.
Gave up on ever being able to use those two +p flags in those places, as I don't know anything about .tcl.
Then I saw this reply from you! :)

I've tried what you've said.
It does not work, 100%. :(

Here is what I've discovered, if it will help you further analyze it:
(I don't use all the funtions in xchannel)
If it turn on +x:repeat , that kills the use of +p in console. Can't see normal chan anymore.
If I turn off repeat monitoring, with .chanset -x:repeat, THEN I can see normal chat, when I'm in the partyline and with +p on my console.

When I use + or - on x:caps , no effect. I can see normal chat, just like I'm supposed to be able to, with the +p flag on console.

Those are the two parts I use, and apparently the problem is not in x:caps, but is in x:repeat.
I hope that is useful info to you, and that you will feel like taking another look at it for us.
If there are other tests, or whatever that I can do, I'd like to help however I can. Just direct me.
Mausam wrote:1.) Does anybody still use it? I see this thread hasn't had a post in a long time....

1) I've no idea

2) I'm not familiar with the script, so I have no idea what these 4 things are, but the expiration times (in minutes) seem to be:

offenses: 720, repeats: 5, clones: 60, whoises: 240 (at line 174 in version 4.2)
I will have to experiment, I think - to try to figure out what time applies to which controls.
In other words, I'm not understanding fully what you've said. :)
(PS: I just skimmed the code (i didn't run it), so there could be things i missed)

Thank you for your time in this stuff.
user
&nbsp;

Post by user »

willyw wrote:I've tried what you've said.
Add "return 0" to the end of the following procs:
punish (line 430), clone (line 458), repeat (line 484) and mass (line 520) ... I'm too tired to read the rest of the script to make more sense of the timing stuff right now...let's hope I at least solved the logging problem :)
Have you ever read "The Manual"?
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

user wrote:
willyw wrote:I've tried what you've said.
Add "return 0" to the end of the following procs:
punish (line 430), clone (line 458), repeat (line 484) and mass (line 520) ... I'm too tired to read the rest of the script to make more sense of the timing stuff right now...let's hope I at least solved the logging problem :)
Unfortunately, bot computer is down for hw changes, etc. Hopefully it will be back up in a day or two. Looking forward to making those changes then, plus anything else you come up with in the mean time. :)

While I know just about zilch of .tcl, is it possible that you could explain to me what to look for in the script? I'd do the reading and looking, and get back to you with whatever I've found.... if that would help.

Other question: are there any possible 'side effects' than might happen, due to the addition of these "return 0" lines? Is there anything that maybe I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks.

edit: Jan 18 Have just tried it, with the new edits. Briefly tested.
Seems to work with regards to the repeat monitoring!
We can use repeat monitoring now. :) Thanks.

Any more comments on this, or the other things
mentioned above?

Thanks again. :)
F
FireWarrior
Voice

pspam error in xchannel.tcl v4.2 by demond

Post by FireWarrior »

Hello.
I need help with an error I get when setting up pspam in xchannel.tcl v4.2. I’m trying the script for the first time, and am providing the details below:
1. To activate the cycler bot I type:

.chanset #MyChannel+x:pspam
Successfully set modes { +x:pspam  } on #MyChannel.
.chanset #MyChannelx:pspam:cycle 10
Successfully set modes { x:pspam:cycle { 10 } } on #MyLair.
2. After a while I get the following error message at 10 min intervals :

Tcl error [::xchannel::timer]: DNS lookup failed
3. I get two types of results when I do .set errorInfo. Sometimes I get:

Error 1.

Currently: DNS lookup failed
 Currently:     while executing
 Currently: "connect $server $port"
 Currently:     (procedure "::xchannel::timer" line 13)
 Currently:     invoked from within
 Currently: "::xchannel::timer $_time1 $_time2 $_time3 $_time4 $_time5"
At other times I get:

Error 2.

Currently: can't unset "idx": no such variable
Currently:     while executing
Currently: "unset idx"
I hope someone can help me with this, I’d be much obliged.
Thanking you all in advance,
Regards.