This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

eggdrop wont load. something about a bad ELF interpreter

Help with usage of shell accounts and bouncers.
R
R-WaT
Halfop

eggdrop wont load. something about a bad ELF interpreter

Post by R-WaT »

i keep getting this.
-bash: ./eggdrop: /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Lemme guess, you're using a precompiled eggdrop binary? The error indicates that ld-elf.so.1 is not being found. I'll further assume you are not on a Linux platform (which would not need any ld-elf.so lib, since ELF is inherent in Linux's libs/kernel by default.) But maybe I'm wrong, maybe you're using a redhat derivative, which tend to do things in a completely non-standard way.

If you are using a precompiled, packaged eggdrop, get rid of it, go get the source code and compile your own.
R
R-WaT
Halfop

Post by R-WaT »

im pretty sure its redhat, and we didnt have problems with the other shell account, same configs on both eggdrops.
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Post by TCL_no_TK »

-bash: ./eggdrop: /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory
that's outdated in the recent linux kernel versions, and no longer used. I dont know if redhat kernel uses it, but gentoo systems dont.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Hell, its outdated even in the OLD kernels, I'm still running a 2.4.x system and have no such lib. I am assuming it's a non-linux system that uses ld-elf to support linux cross-compiling or running elf binaries.
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Post by TCL_no_TK »

Hell, its outdated even in the OLD kernels, I'm still running a 2.4.x system and have no such lib. I am assuming it's a non-linux system that uses ld-elf to support linux cross-compiling or running elf binaries.
lol :P i knew it was old. just didn't think it was that old. :shock:
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

I've seen this on BSD systems when people try to run a binary designed for GNU/Linux. :roll:
Compiling the bot from source on the shell should solve this problem.