This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

[solved] md5 userfile

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
l
lenore
Voice

[solved] md5 userfile

Post by lenore »

Hi there, as you can tell from my post count i'm quite new here. I setup my first eggdrop yesterday and it all went fine, however during the initial config i noticed where the loadmodule blowfish is that it talks about an md5 module for encrypting user's passwords? i'm planning on integrating this with a couple of other systems etc so being able to add users not via eggdrop itself is needed and i'd love to use md5 to encrypt the passwords, is there currently an md5 module we can use? thanks
Last edited by lenore on Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
d
digs
Voice

Post by digs »

afaik, the blowfish module is the only encryption method supported by eggdrop's at this time. There is no other way to encrypt passwords on an eggdrop without a custom built module. I searched a little and didnt see anything, I know you can use md5 to calculate checksums with an eggie... thats the extent of it though.

Hope I am wrong for you sake :)

-digs
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

l
lenore
Voice

Post by lenore »

niceone, thankyou
l
lenore
Voice

Post by lenore »

1.0.2 and 1.6.18 resolves the bug you mention on that page?
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

Not my page... but yes, that's what it says.