[solved] Public chanset command+metroid's bot request script

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
j
jdwilsh
Voice

[solved] Public chanset command+metroid's bot request script

Post by jdwilsh »

The main thing I need is something that I can use to both add the bot to a channel and do the 'channel set #chan +bmotion' at the same time. I know i could add it into the .conf file, but I don't want the script running in every channel.

I'm not totally retarded and I have tried making this up myself but it just didn't respond at all (i actually lost the script that I made, thats why im in here and not script support). I looked at code snippets and have tried learning how to do it that way but I just couldn't manage it. If someone could throw me something simple together that would be great, if you can't then a few hints wouldn't go a miss either.

As for the bot request, I have read that metroid made a script for this but cant seem to find it anywhere (metroid if you are reading this, could you point me in the right direction! thanks). there is one on the forums but metroid posted after it saying it was just a rip of his script, so i would rather have the original heh ;)

thanks for your time
Last edited by jdwilsh on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=9546&start=5
That should cover the bot request portion of your request.

Code: Select all

# activate the busy signal so no other requests can be done
  bind RAW -|- 315         request:endofwho
  set setting(busy) 1
  set setting(chan) "$channel"
  set setting(nick) "$nick"
  channel add $channel 
for the 2nd part find this piece of the code in metroid's script (which you will find at the link above), under the channel add part, add this

Code: Select all

channel set $channel +bmotion
Last edited by speechles on Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
j
jdwilsh
Voice

Post by jdwilsh »

You're a hero, thank you so much.
m
metroid
Owner

Re: [solved] Public chanset command+metroid's bot request sc

Post by metroid »

Though this is already solved, you can actually find the full original (and very old) script in the same topic as the ripped one.

I posted it a few posts after.