This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Chanservneed

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
r
r0t3n
Owner

Post by r0t3n »

I think he means if the user has +nf chattr, and the victim was the bot, do not proceed to reop the bot, else if the user does not have +nf flags then proceed to reop the bot.
r0t3n @ #r0t3n @ Quakenet
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

Ahh, I guess I know what he means. But looking at the handle:deop I wonder if this the place where reop conditions are checked. I am pretty sure that my bots do not reop uppon deop of myself. Looking at the code I understand, that only deops of chanserv are explicitly made undone (due to deops of net rejoins). Any other reop is triggered by the event "need op" of the bot itself.
So I wonder why my script would reop on deop of an friend or owner, testing with my own bots shows me that no reop is done.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
u
uffs
Voice

Post by uffs »

chanserv flags -> lo
my bot regain op even i'm as owner deop them..

then I change the chanserv flag from "lo" to "lv"
seem working, my bot do not REOP, but i got this on partyline, often..

[22:37] -ChanServ (service@dal.net)- Unknown command: halfop
[22:37] -ChanServ (service@dal.net)- For help: /msg ChanServ@services.dal.net HELP

there's no halfop or admin command on DALnet,

is this normal ??
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

That's caused by your flag l which tells the bot to have halfop on the channel, therefore it tries to gain halfop using the halfop command. Removing the o flag from chanserv tells the bot to never request op by itself. Therefore it would only get op, when chanserv feels like doing so.

I cannot exactly tell you why your bot does that, I can only remark that it is not neccessarily caused by the script, since I cannot reproduce what you describe.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...