This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Bot unresponsive

Help with usage of shell accounts and bouncers.
S
Sasukii
Voice

Bot unresponsive

Post by Sasukii »

Ok, I went through previous topics and I'm not seeing anything helpful.

So I made a new eggdrop. Used simple.conf. I finally got it to connect to my irc server, (YEY!!!!!) but when I /msg botname hello (of course, replacing botname with my bot's name) I do not get a response at all. I tried to use the kill command and i used kill -9 5518 (i wasn't sure exactly what the number was it wanted me to use, so i recalled the list, and used the number preceeding simple.conf line like instructions said, at least i think that's what they meant) and it said -bash: kill: (5518) - No such process

So i'm confused, and if anyone knows what part of my stuff is causing it to not respond, that would be great.

Thanks!

Oh and yes I have a vhost and ip, I made sure they matched, and are entered correctly...
Sasukii
D
DaRkOoO
Halfop

Post by DaRkOoO »

Type ps x in ur shell.When he say all proccesses,you should find eggdrop there ,and on his left side will be some number(pid).Then,you should type kill -9 pid..Your egg will be killed.And for that eggdrop won't say anything on hello,just make new userfile,and then try again..Make sure you put your nick as owner of eggdrop bot..