This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

New Forum Announcement

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

First, my apologies for the rather abrupt and unannounced move.

The forum has been moved back on the egghelp.org server as the provision for hosting egghelpforum.com will soon come to an end. I only became aware of this yesterday, which is why this move has happened so unexpectedly.

I've decided to change to a completely new forum software (phpBB) which should be speedier than the resource-consuming and no longer supported UltraBoard. Obviously, there will be some differences in the way things work, but I've configured it to resemble the old forum.

Unfortunately, the switch means that the posts and user information from the old forum will be lost. You will need to sign up for a new account. I'll manually be restoring the status (op, etc.) of users from the old forum over the next few weeks.

The old forum will be available at http://www.egghelpforum.com/ for a day or two, which will temporarily allow you to refer to old posts if need be. I will have a backup of the posts and user data from the old forum when it disappears, but it's doubtful I'll be able to make it available on the web again in any useful form. I will respond to specific requests for copies of threads if there are any that were important to you.

If you encounter any problems with the new forum, please e-mail me at slennox@egghelp.org
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

No apologies necessary to my mind Slennox.
You provide this as a service free to anyone and everyone who wishes to use it and we are all extremely grateful for that.
Speaking for myself, I'm pleased to see the move over from the previous software as it was getting unbearably slow (even with a broadband connection).

Once again, a triumph sir and I salute you! :razz: seriously though thanx for all you do for us in maintaining this site and forum.

Best Regards

Ian-Highlander
"Insanity Takes Its Toll, Please Have Exact Change"
g
guppy
eggdrop engineer

Post by guppy »

Speaking for myself, I'm pleased to see the move over from the previous software as it was getting unbearably slow (even with a broadband connection).
Had nothing to do with the connection really -- more with the software he was using. Flatfiles *euh*