This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

DragnLord's weather script

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
s
stoneone
Voice

Post by stoneone »

@Fl00k and the others with wzsock var errors.

When you modify the line 745, you must keep this before the second catch statement:
if {[catch {set wzsock [socket -async www.wunderground.com 80]} sockerr]} { puthelp "NOTICE $nick :$sockerr"; puthelp "NOTICE $nick :Try again later, look out the window till then!"; close $wzsock; return 0 }

If not you never set the wzsock var to anything and thus it returns that (my best guess at what is going wrong in pub_wz). Let me know if this doesn't work. Accordingly, here is the full snippit of code:

Code: Select all

## Open socket to www.wunderground.com and read in webpage...use async for faster
## response.
   if {[catch {set wzsock [socket -async www.wunderground.com 80]} sockerr]} { puthelp "NOTICE $nick :$sockerr"; puthelp "NOTICE $nick :Try again later, look out the window till then!"; close $wzsock; return 0 }
   if {[catch {
        puts $wzsock "GET $webpage HTTP/1.0"
        puts $wzsock "Host: www.wunderground.com"
        puts $wzsock "Cookie: Units=both"
        puts $wzsock ""
        } sockerr]} { puthelp "NOTICE $nick :$sockerr"; puthelp "NOTICE $nick :Try again later, look out the window till then!"; close $wzsock; return 0 }
        flush $wzsock
Edit: I know the formatting is a little bit different than what I posted a few pages back, but the second catch statement is the exact same. I just copy pasted from my .tcl.
M
Meth
Voice

Post by Meth »

stoneone wrote:@Fl00k and the others with wzsock var errors.

When you modify the line 745, you must keep this before the second catch statement:

If not you never set the wzsock var to anything and thus it returns that (my best guess at what is going wrong in pub_wz). Let me know if this doesn't work. Accordingly, here is the full snippit of code:

## Open socket to www.wunderground.com and read in webpage...use async for faster
## response.
   if {[catch {
        puts $wzsock ""
        } sockerr]} { puthelp "NOTICE $nick :$sockerr"; puthelp "NOTICE $nick :Try again later, look out the window till then!"; close $wzsock; return 0 }
        flush $wzsock
Edit: I know the formatting is a little bit different than what I posted a few pages back, but the second catch statement is the exact same. I just copy pasted from my .tcl.
Thanks stone that worked perfectly happy holidays m8.
-We all go a little mad SomeTymes.
B
Bonnie
Voice

Post by Bonnie »

Is this the error that you all are getting?

couldn't open socket: host is unreachable
Try again later, look out the window till then!

Bonnie
M
Meth
Voice

Post by Meth »

Bonnie wrote:Is this the error that you all are getting?

couldn't open socket: host is unreachable
Try again later, look out the window till then!

Bonnie
I was just getting no such var wzsock but its all good after the above explanation from stone.
-We all go a little mad SomeTymes.
c
cdr
Voice

Post by cdr »

Tcl error [pub_wz_forecast]: can't read "forecast": no such variable

:( Its not working for me...help plz
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

Version 4.2.5 has been uploaded to archive.
r
redwolf
Voice

hello

Post by redwolf »

where is the new script at dragonlord, cant find it in the archives on here??
your webpage went bye bye
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

I guess people will be waiting for the upload to be processed, it can take a few days.
r
redwolf
Voice

webpage? your webpage dont work now?

Post by redwolf »

do you need a website for this script to be on? I can put it on my ftp, and several other friends of mine can
p

Post by points »

Thanks stoneone - have been trying to download the newer script, but it's still coming down as 4.2.4. Back online and working fine. Guess the upload is still processing, possibly.

stoneone wrote:@Fl00k and the others with wzsock var errors.

## response.
   if {[catch {
        puts $wzsock ""
        flush $wzsock
To Err is Human, Embrace Your Humanity!
DragnLord
Owner

slow processing

Post by DragnLord »

My best guess would be that uploads are being processed a little slow due to the holidays.

Many thanks to stoneone for posting a fix.
s
stoneone
Voice

Post by stoneone »

No problem, thanks for the update!

Happy new year :D
c
cdr
Voice

Post by cdr »

Tcl error [pub_wz]: wrong # args: should be "flush channelId"

This was after stoneone's fix, still not working for me.
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

cdr wrote:Tcl error [pub_wz]: wrong # args: should be "flush channelId"

This was after stoneone's fix, still not working for me.
My updated script is still not available in archive. You might have broken something when you altered the script.
c
cdr
Voice

Post by cdr »

Yes I don't know what i did but started fresh and it worked fine.