This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

eggdrop not reconnecting to irc

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
sKy
Op

eggdrop not reconnecting to irc

Post by sKy »

I suspect the bot is getting disconnected for whatever reason (short server failure) and never connecting again.

- eggdrop version 1.6.19
- Connection to shell is fine, process is running.
- I am connected thought telnet, bot is responding.
- .tcl ignorelist is empty
- also no silence list
- Severlist is big and ok.

No matter how long I wait the bot won't connect to the irc server again. I am in console (telnet) and typed .console +rv and .jump some.working.irc.server. However, I see no messages from the server.

What I can do in order to reconnect the bot to the irc? When I use die and the automatic restart with crontab/autobotchk then it will work, but I want it automatically.
socketapi | Code less, create more.
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

you should log in to the shell and view or download the bot's logfile (as set in the config file—the default is "logs/eggdrop.log", and see what that tells you. Also, is set server-type set correctly?
sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

By the way, now right after .tcl die and the automatic restart dcc chat and telnet is working, also .dump test while console is +rv shows the correct interaction.
YooHoo wrote:you should log in to the shell and view or download the bot's logfile (as set in the config file—the default is "logs/eggdrop.log", and see what that tells you.
Currently I have no logging enabled. What I should log?
YooHoo wrote:Also, is set server-type set correctly?
Sorry, there is no such variable set. I did google for the term "eggdrop" "server-type" and it doesn't bring any relevant results.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

I believe yoohoo was thinking of the "net-type" setting, although I doubt that setting is related to this issue.

When your eggdrop fails to reconnect, does it respond to commands such as ".match *"?
Also, are you running any custom scripts that might be interfering?
NML_375
sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

net-type is 5, quakenet.

No idea about .match, haven't tested this one but will do so the nest time I see this issue. However, .tcl and .dump worked.

I am running lots of self made scripts. Since .tcl is working at least no script seams to block the bot. However, could theoretically block the bot from connecting when using .jump server.com and .dump?
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

If .tcl works, there's no need to test .match...

As for your scripts, unless you are using raw bindings, your scripts should not interfere with server connections. Or, one very remote possibility; if your script opens a lot of files without closing them, your eggdrop will run out of resources. I do, however, believe your eggdrop would crash in such event.
Does it (your eggdrop) respond to .tcl rehash or .tcl restart?
NML_375