This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Script challenge - Only for the serious scripters among us.

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
F
Football
Master

Script challenge - Only for the serious scripters among us.

Post by Football »

Hey all,

I have a great idea for a IRC game, very complicated and I`m well aware of the fact that it's a lot of job, so, I've decided to write this post, checking out if there are some real scripters out there that would like to work on a new project.

If anyone replies I will write down the whole idea, I`d just like to see if it happens first...
tomekk
Master

Post by tomekk »

Now write please, i'm curious ;)
arfer
Master

Post by arfer »

Don't believe him.

He's not a real scripter.

He'll steal your idea and sell it to the Fuzzy Wuzzies.

:P
I must have had nothing to do
F
Football
Master

Post by Football »

lol
tomekk
Master

Post by tomekk »

ha ha, yeah i already sold it to Microsoft ;p

sorry mates !
F
Football
Master

Post by Football »

Here's the idea.. a football fantasy betting game.

* Register to bot and get a fake bank account with money to bet.
after logged in - bot will give you a bonus (like $5) for hours logged in ($5 for each 24 hours logged in)
* Can't bet if you're not on #EPL
* You will pay fee if you part #EPL
* Bot will write bet winnings/loses on #EPL
* Bot will annonuce best bet for the day (according to amount invested for money gained)
* Bot will announce best better for the week/month
* Bot will announce worst better for week/month.
* Bot will upload to a web all betting stats (bank accunts, money gained/loses, what bets each player made, day's betting odds)
A trigger to watch Today's odds.
* You can bet for a win/draw/loss - maybe in the future also for corners per game, first goal score, etc..
* option to loan money from the bank (of course with banking interest)
* Bot will have an option to see a list of betters bank accounts.
* game will have a tax option - peple will have to pay taxes for certain amount of winnings.
* an option to calculate your winnings (Odds for Chelsea to win 3.12 and you want to bet $12 - how much will you win?)
* betters will be valued - you can buy other betters - if they win a bet you will get a certain % from that winning (it won't be taken from their winnings) like %1 per win, player won $100 - you get $1.
* Most betted team/match (team that most people betted on
* Tips
* Bot will also act as a Bank: player get deposit money and get (banking interest), to increase their money.
** Player will have a credit level depending on their deposit and winnings (player that has a history of good winnings and depositing will have a higher level for loan credit than others - that's how the bank will determine how much loan he'll approve).
* if bettings are allowed during matches - odds must be updated during the match (A Player won't get the same odds before ko then in the 90' min of a game.
@ Shareholders:
Betters can buy stocks of their favorite team (of course there's a certain amount of stocks offered to the public - teams are traded in stock market in real, and maybe use real stock values, stocks go up and down when purchased/sold or other factors, once a player holds %51 of the stocks he becomes the owner of the club and the club is written as his asset so his value also increases)
* Each better is valued by stocks & money & bank accounts.
When you type !shareholders <team> you will see all the shareholders of that club
* always an option to sell stocks to the public at a lower price than current value
* Head-to-Head bet option - an option to bet against another better, if you bet on Arsenal (1.5) vs Fulham (3.0), you bet on Arsenal and he bets on Fulham, if Arsenal wins you get your odd win (bet amount * 1.5 + the amount of money he placed on Fulham), maybe also a bet with different matches: you bet on Arsenal vs Manutd (Arsenal to win) and he bets on Liverpol vs Sunderland (Sunderland to win) if Arsenal won and Sunderland lost you win your bet + his money, if both won, no one wins anything
* Multiple bet optin - an option to make a combined bet on a few games together win only if you get them all and then the gains are in a form of multiplication. example: Chelsea 3.00 odds and Liverpool 4.00 odd - you've made a $10 bet and got both right, your gains are: 3*4*10 = $120.s
* Taxes paid once a week - only those that won money pay taxes. Maybe taxes are paid into a bank account so afterwards the players can win it back in a creative way (maybe bot challenges player to head-to-head bets, or creates special bet matches to get the money, trivia questions for money?)
An option to see your weekly/montly bill: expense/income: Money gained by trivia questions, matches you've betted on, how much you bet, how much you lost, loans if any, fees, taxes, overall betted on certain teams, won/lost.
a
arcADE
Voice

Post by arcADE »

the ideea is interesting, but I do have a question, if you answer it I can script it.

You've only covered the betting part, what about the matches, how are they scheduled (read from a file, generated random from a list of teams, etc)?

The tcl part is actualy pretty easy, and posting it on a website is fairly as easy.
keep IT reaL
F
Football
Master

Post by Football »

Well, obviously it needs to read it from a website as there are different matches every day, and different odds.