This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Windrop x Exec

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
T
Thor
Voice

Windrop x Exec

Post by Thor »

I´ve been trying to execute on Windrop the command "exec netstat -e>>File.txt". I know the command works in windows because i have tested it.

Every command I try to execute I get the error "couldn't create error file for command: no such file or directory while executing".

I already tried:
[eval exec netstat -e>>File.txt]

and

cd "\windows\system32"
exec netstat.exe -e>>File.txt
cd "\windrop"

and

put exec netstat.exe -e>>File.txt inside temp.bat (bat file works)
exec temp.bat

and

exec temp

and

exec <subsitute here any other dos/windows command>

:cry: :cry: :cry:
T
Thor
Voice

Post by Thor »

This seems to work, dont understand why.

exec cmd.exe >&@stdout <@stdin /c example.exe
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

It really does help if the command you are trying to execute is actually in your pathlist which netstat.exe isn't. cmd.exe is always set in your pathlist upon Windows installation.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Kind of an old thread but I encountered this problem tonight and wanted to post my fix, as it took some pouring through the Windrop sourceforge forums. I was having this problem on Vista64 and XP32-SP3, so I do not believe it is permissions or PATH issue ([file executable notepad.exe] will return 0 even if it is in your path anyway, I don't think Tcl takes into account env(PATH)?). Basically the problem is kind of with Tcl 8.5.

The easiest way to fix an [exec] / [open] issue that I have currently found for Windrop, is to downgrade to Windrop 1.6.17.

Then download ActiveState Tcl 8.4.9.1 @ http://downloads.activestate.com/Active ... 2-ix86.exe.
  • Install ActiveTcl and go into the bin/ folder of the installation.
  • Copy tcl84.dll into your Windrop folder.
  • Delete libtcl8.4.dll
  • Rename tcl84.dll to libtcl8.4.dll
Information courtesy of https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.p ... id=5946255 (original solution linked in my post)
L
Lucifer
Voice

Error...

Post by Lucifer »

[09:37] incith-pisg-r82: pisg not found or not executable at '/usr/bin/pisg', loading aborted.
incith
Master

Re: Error...

Post by incith »

Lucifer wrote:[09:37] incith-pisg-r82: pisg not found or not executable at '/usr/bin/pisg', loading aborted.
It's telling you what is wrong. Check your settings and permissions.