This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Birdy (OAuth, Twitter, Tweets&MegaHAL v6.01d) Jun12,2013

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Got something new I'm experimenting with and it seemed to cool to keep all to myself. This is an experiment in Artificial Intelligence and how cool would it be. Imagine being able to !tweet from your channel and be able to read your friends and everything you can already do in version 3.3. But now imagine, you can also have your bot "get it on the fun" too. This is now possible. Your bot can now post replies to users as long as you keep your tweet format very simple. At the moment, in this stage of the experiment you must use this tweet format:

Code: Select all

set twitter(globaltweetformat) "<%nick> %text"
When constructing your accounts, make sure to leave the local-tweet-format field empty. Using %modes to give +,@,+@ prefixes to nicknames seems to clutter up twitter as they use this to track accounts. Megahal will still work if you don't follow this format, but the text given to the bot to reply to will possibly be incorrect. The bot will use this tweet format to deconstruct the nickname and text and generate a megahal reply. Then it will post it's tweet to twitter of it's megahal reply. This is very much an experiment so I don't expect it to be useful other than a way to interface a bot to twitter. Below are some examples of how this looks on irc:[quote]<speechles> !tweet ronald
<sp33chy> [Twitter]: Tweet created: [8940852342] (#roms-isos@suqmuhnutz via API) Thu Feb 11 02:07:41 +0000 2010 @ http://twitter.com/suqmuhnutz
... ~10 mins later ...
<sp33chy> [Twitter]: (Megahal) sp33chy replied to speechles's tweet. @ http://twitter.com/suqmuhnutz[/quote]
This is how the entire thing would look to IRC users. To see what the bot actually said would require visiting the twitter page or issuing a !twitter <that acct> request.

# If you have megahal enabled, then you might want
# to set the below option to 1. With this set you
# can then use the chanset command:
# .chanset #yourchan +twittermega
# Now your bot will reply to twitter messages at
# set intervals just to keep your account active if
# users aren't posting. The bot will not post to the
# account if it was the last one to post.
set twitter(megahal) 1

# If your using megahal on your twitter for reply
# tweets to your users, what timestring interval
# would you like to use? The default string of
# "?0 * * * *" will check if it can reply every
# 10 minutes.
set twitter(timestring) "?0 * * * *"

# do you want the bot to putlog when it's made
# replies? a setting of 1 will post it has in
# the channel associated to your account.
# (it will only announce in the first channel  )
# (linked to your account. if multiple channels)
# (are used it won't display it's replied there)
# (this would be too spammy and floody...      )
set twitter(silent) 0

# do you want your bot to learn from twitter
# tweets from users?
set twitter(learn) 1
Above is the new config options added to support this feature. To allow this on a per channel basis, simply [ .chanset #yourchan +tweetmega ]. If you have megahal, and the other requirements to run this script this can entertain your users and keep them idling in your irc channel possibly. ;)

New version here: Twitter, Tweets with Megahal v4.0
As always.. have a fun :P

Note: I apologize ahead of time for the language if you visit the twitter page shown above. Megahal is a colloboration of those who chat to it. So it may appear racist, bigoted, foul-mouthed, and full of hate.
F
Football
Master

Post by Football »

What is megahal, how do I get it?
Idling at #Football, Quakenet.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Football wrote:What is megahal, how do I get it?
http://wiki.barkerjr.net/wiki/MegaHAL_Module
This is megahal. ;D
MenzAgitat
Op

Post by MenzAgitat »

@speechles:

Thanks a lot, I thought tcl libraries had to be compiled with windrop. I now understand the purpose of pkgIndex.tcl file.

Tcllib opens new coding perspectives to me, it's Christmas \o/
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Let the experiment move forward another pace. This time it does what all those other twitter bots do. If someone follows your irc channel account and decides to send a private message look at what now happens...
<sp33chy> [Twitter]: (Megahal) Private message from dssceners [817422589 @ Fri Feb 12 02:13:28 +0000 2010]: hey there silly bot
<sp33chy> [Twitter]: (Megahal) sp33chy replied: <sp33chy> not silly bot sp33chy bot is eggdrop silly.
Suddenly you can gain followers simply by announcing to others you now have your very own twitter bot AI personality ready for them to follow and private message.

# if your using megahal would you like your bot
# to also reply to private messages with it?
# (0 off/1 on)
set twitter(usemegaprivate) 1

# do you want your bot to learn from private
# messages other users send it?
# (0 off/1 on)
set twitter(privatelearn) 1

# set the time interval to check for new private
# messages for each acct above?
# The default string of "?5*" will check if it can
# reply every 10 minutes, at exactly minutes ending
# with 5. This is so it doesn't collide with
# the timer above which posts to users using !tweet.
# (string)
set twitter(privatetimestring) "?5*"

# set the limit of new private messages the bot is going
# to be replying 
# (integer)
set twitter(privatelimit) 2

# replies to private messages ? a setting of 0
# will post it has in the channel associated to
# your account.
# (0 off/1 on)
set twitter(privatesilent) 0
In the future I will add support for channels to view their own private messages and send them via !pm command. But this feature clashes with megahal handling the private messages and having it do this is more fun. So for the moment let's have fun...

If anyone wants to follow sp33chy he is at http://twitter.com/suqmuhnutz
Merely follow sp33chy on twitter, and send him some private messages. Wait about 10 minutes or so and wait for the reply. This is exactly how your own bot can be using this script.

It would be great if others using this script and the megahal addition could share their twitter usernames here. We could then have our bots all follow each other and become a circle of bot buddies. Of course it takes manual intervention to follow someone at the moment. There is no set way in the script to do this, you must find some other way. This is done to prevent someone with malicious intent from making this script do something that wasn't intended. Hope to hear from you all shortly and enjoy the script. Alot went into it's making... ;)

Twitter, Tweets with Megahal v4.1

To enable script: .chanset #yourchan +twitter
To enable megahal: .chanset #yourchan +twittermega
To enable megahal private replies: .chanset #yourchan +twittermegaprivate

IMPORTANT NOTE (read this closely)
If you have two channel accounts on twitter, and each of these follows each other, and your using this script there may be an issue. The issues arises when you use megahal and have +twittermega and +twittermegaprivate active. If you log into one of these accounts manually and private message the other it will be similar to what occurs on IRC. This will cause an endless loop of messages back and forth as the bot replies from one account to the other and back and forth. The timestamps will always be new so the bot will always reply to these. If the message timestamp was old and already viewed by the bot it would skip these messages usually, but this is a special case worth mentioning. The only way to fix this issue is to kill your bot. Then log into both of these accounts and delete all the private messages issued by the bot to each. I've done this myself just to see how this scenario would evolve and it happens exactly like two megahal bots on IRC conversing with each other.
F
Football
Master

Post by Football »

[11:39:38] <@EPL> [11Twitter]: (Megahal) EPL replied to an unknwown somebody's tweet. @ http://twitter.com/EPL_QUAKENET

Does that mean it works?
F
Football
Master

Post by Football »

[11:39:38] <@EPL> [11Twitter]: (Megahal) EPL replied to an unknwown somebody's tweet. @ http://twitter.com/EPL_QUAKENET

Does that mean it works?

9:40] Tcl error [proc:twitter:megahal]: no such channel record

what's that?
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Football wrote:[11:39:38] <@EPL> [11Twitter]: (Megahal) EPL replied to an unknwown somebody's tweet. @ http://twitter.com/EPL_QUAKENET

Does that mean it works?
Yes, if you mean the "in your own profile" megahal (.chanset #yourchan +twittermega). This makes it so when your users !tweet it shows up in your profile. Then megahal will respond to it through your bot. I can tell this worked because on your page appear these two items:
<EPL> I am utterly speechless!
25 minutes ago from API
----
@EPL_Quakenet check
about 2 hours ago from web
EPL is your bots nick, and clearly it replied to the profile's last tweet. The reason it's an "unknown somebody" is the script doesn't see that a nickname within your channel has issued this via a !tweet. There isn't any <nick> prefixing that reply, hence it replied to an "unknown somebody". This doesn't mean you have "private message" megahal working (.chanset #yourchan +twittermegaprivate). To get this working requires other twitter users start to follow your channels account and try to reply to it in private messages. When they do this, your bot will then reply back to them in a megahal reply. I ill advise users of this script to follow other channel accounts that use this script and somehow get the two megahal bots to private message each other. The reason this is i'll advised is the same reason you never do this on IRC. It causes an endless loop that eventually becomes static canned repsonses..
ie....
<bot1> Do you like?
<bot2> I like!
<bot1> Do you like?
<bot2> I like!
... repeat forever ...
So if anyone had the idea this would be neat to watch two bots conversate it is for about 5-10 minutes. After that point the conversation appears exactly like it does above... To stop from happening requires killing your bot, logging into your bot's account manually and deleting the private messages sent from the other bot. This is the only way...
Football wrote:[9:40] Tcl error [proc:twitter:megahal]: no such channel record

what's that?
Sounds like you aren't configuring your bot to use dynamic channels entirely and a few you have set in the static section of your eggdrop.conf... If all your channel are set dynamically through the partyline using .+chan the script works perfectly. If you're sure you've already done this then I need to see the results of .set errorInfo to tell you more...
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

And here we have an example finally of what I was hoping for. I went about this wrong not knowing totally how twitter worked and wrote this to wrap the private message function for megahal AI to reply. This forces the bot to be following the other user if they wish to message them. But now, what I started to say at first... Finally this works as I intended it to begin with. This script now allows you to chat with people through twitter as easily as you can on irc. Their messages are displayed on IRC in quasi real-time (there is a timer set to 10 mins by default) so that near real time conversations are now possible between a user on twitter and someone on IRC, this script acts as the bridge. MegaHAL is also there to keep things interesting and to provide yet another artificial intelligence bot to twitter. There is quite a possibility in this script.

For the examples:
suqmuhnutz (#roms-isos on efnet) on twitter
dssceners (#ds-scene on efnet) on twitter

@mention any of the usernames above in your own tweets and watch for sp33chy to send you a megahal reply. :P

This allows full communication back and forth between twitter in real time. The megahal bot can be turned off or on, on a per channel/per account basis (to remove the bot spam). This is an experiment to see how many people would actually use this type of script? If you would we can start following each other (of course with our bots set -twittermegaprivate). You ask, but what does following each other do. It allows twitter itself to act as the bridge to link the two irc channels together (links any irc channel across any network anywhere to any other), across the twitter accounts linked to each channel, and back to each respective irc channel. All in near real-time and all to use twitter the exact way we use IRC. If this at all interests you be here this weekend when I'm done polishing and bug testing the script. For now simply follow the two twitter accounts mentioned above and watch what transpires. Keeping in mind of course this weekend, you will have your own channel/bot capable of this too. ;)
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

As promised here is an enhanced, fully workable IRC client for twitter. This bridges twitter directly to IRC and allows IRC to bridge back to twitter. You create the bridge by issuing these commands:
Reply format when replying to a tweet:
!tweet @msg-id-here @username #mychan hits twitter! ;P

Tweet format when tweeting to a username:
!tweet @username #mychan just hit twitter ;P
Do not change the global-tweet-format from it's default value. Do not use a local-tweet-format within your account creation list. This is important to remember if you want your bot to correctly follow timelines and know its own messages, reply tweets, and mentions from those other users may have !tweet'd.

Whenever any twitter username @mentions your account name, every 10 minutes (default) your bot will check and display the most recent (2 by default) directly to IRC. These will be displayed with time-stamps, msg-id's, user-names, screen-names and the actual text. This allows you to reply if you want directly through IRC to them if you wish all in near-real-time. The megahal feature has been slightly toned down. It will no longer reply to RT's issued, and instead merely display these to IRC. It will skip messages that are tweets to its own account from it's own account. These are from users using the !tweet function and are meant to be part of the twitter account and therefore have already been displayed on IRC when the tweet was issued and aren't displayed again. It will skip its own @username mentions if these are from it's own account. This is because of the same thing as mentioned above these were already shown. Here is some action of the timeline display and auto-megahal reply in action
<sp33chy> [Twitter]: (Megahal) @Mention: Sat Feb 13 22:07:32 +0000 2010 [9072011305]:<sp33chy of efnet@EFNet_sp33chy> @suqmuhnutz <DecoyOcto> steal your mom's purse as you leave <-- your a [censored] thief???!!!! call teh cops!!!!!
<sp33chy> [Twitter]: (Megahal) sp33chy's reply tweet: RT @EFNet_sp33chy <sp33chy> No you is a gay cop i am doing invetory steal.
<sp33chy> [Twitter]: (Megahal) @Mention: Sat Feb 13 18:04:24 +0000 2010 [9064548404]:<Epic Cyndaquil@EpicCyndaquil> @suqmuhnutz That's not nice :P
<sp33chy> [Twitter]: (Megahal) sp33chy's reply tweet: RT @EpicCyndaquil <sp33chy> P e n p e r b e a r a m e w i t h a e l a d e e c h l e h e p r e f e r c o c k s.
To get the script to work at all in your channel after properly adding your accounts, you must: .chanset #yourchan +twitter
To enable the near-real-time mention tracking behavior, you need to: .chanset #yourchan +twittermentions
To (enable/disable) megahal replying to this, issue: .chanset #yourchan (+/-)twittermega

If you have meghal enabled for reply to tweets coming from @mentions it will then also, reply to others issuing tweets from your account. As long as these aren't RT or issued to @usernames. It looks like this on IRC.
<speechles> !tweet sp33chy yer like crazy n stuff :P
<sp33chy> [Twitter]: Tweet created: [9072963886] (#roms-isos@suqmuhnutz via API) Sat Feb 13 22:39:16 +0000 2010 @ http://twitter.com/suqmuhnutz
...~10 mins later...
<sp33chy> [Twitter]: (Megahal) sp33chy replied to speechles's tweet. @ http://twitter.com/suqmuhnutz
To test out this experimental release, see below....

Twitter, Tweets with Megahal v4.2 (Egghelp version)

Here is what the config looks like for the script now:

... snipped irrelevant parts ...
# Terms and Agreements of use
# ------
# You assume all rights, responsibility, and consequences
# which may arise from using this script. I as copyleft
# holder only assume right to title, it is the burden
# of copyleft title user to guarantee responsible use
# of this twitter application. Failure to do so may, or
# may not result in the suspension/deletion of your
# twitter account. Using this script signifies your reading
# of this, the copyleft statement below, and the disclaimer
# found directly below the copyleft statement... read on...
# ------
# Copyleft (C) 2010 - speechles (imspeechless@gmail.com)
# v4.2 - February 14th, 2010 -
# speechles (#roms-isos@efnet) *copyleft gnu v3
# ------
# Version 4.x Disclaimer: -- IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ --
# This is merely an experimental release to support irc channel
# banter as well as the presence of the artificial intelligence
# known as megahal onto twitter. This is not to be taken
# as some sort of tool of which to spam and cause havoc for
# twitter. This is to further our reach as irc users into
# the medium which a lot of users seem to be using today. But..
# using this script the format will stick to our standard irc
# look and feel. This allows irc users to reach out beyond their
# irc channels into a broader medium which may attract them a
# larger userbase. This was not designed as a tool to use to
# spam twitter. Yes, I repeated that and I may do so again
# shortly. Don't spam with this, be responsible. Now a bit about
# the config section. Make sure you've read it completely. Leaving
# the settings default leaves everything turned on. If you don't
# use megahal disable it in the script to assure it's off. If you
# have questions find the thread on egghelp and compose them
# as a post to that thread. This requires you make a username on
# that forum to do so which assures me you're not asking for
# your modifications to support some nefarious intent.
# ------
... snipped more irrelevant parts ...
# This is the twitter logo.
# (string)
set twitter(logo) "\[\002\00311Twitter\002\003]:"

# Set user agent.
# (string)
set twitter(agent) "Mozilla/4.75 (X11; U; Linux 2.2.17; i586; Nav)"

# Set the url base
# (string)
set twitter(url) "http://twitter.com/"

# Set the output style here:
# %chan == $chan, %nick == $nick
# no other variables can be used
# (string)
set twitter(output) "PRIVMSG %chan"

# What effect would you like added to twitter numerics?
# for example:
# effect on "\00304" is red text
# effect off "\003" turns off the color
# (strings)
set twitter(effect-on) "\002"
set twitter(effect-off) "\002"

# How many seconds should each user wait before re-issuing
# the same twitter command? Set this in seconds.
# (integer)
set twitter(throttle) 1

# If you have Trf or zlib packages detectable, this script
# will let you use gzip to speed up your twittering..
# Would you like to enable gzip auto-detection?
# (0 off/1 on)
set twitter(use_gzip) 1

# Url to issue tweets to - json is fine
# you should never need to change this.
# (string)
set twitter(tweet) "http://twitter.com/statuses/update.json"
set twitter(privatenew) "http://twitter.com/direct_messages/new.json"
set twitter(follow) "http://twitter.com/friendships/create.json"

# timelines - xml is far easier to parse...
# you should never need to change these either.
# (strings)
set twitter(friends) "http://www.twitter.com/statuses/friends_timeline.xml"
set twitter(public) "http://www.twitter.com/statuses/public_timeline.xml"
set twitter(user) "http://www.twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline.xml"
set twitter(home) "http://www.twitter.com/statuses/home_timeline.xml"
set twitter(mention) "http://www.twitter.com/statuses/mentions.xml"
set twitter(private) "http://twitter.com/direct_messages.xml"

# max amount of timelines to show in channel, this is how many
# lines you wish to see for every request.
# (integer, preferably less than 5 or 6 or it's spammy)
set twitter(friendmax) 4

# Set the global tweet format here
# if no local tweet format is set in the channel acct list below
# then the global setting will be used instead.
# %nick = $nick
# %chan = $chan
# %text = user input
# %modes = (+ or @) op or voice only presently...
# (string)
set twitter(globaltweetformat) "<%nick> %text"

# minimum flags required to issue tweets
# (string)
set twitter(flags) "vomn|vomn"

# what modes can people temporarily tweet with
# these are channel modes, not flags on the bot
# you can use op, voice, or both, or "".
# (list)
set twitter(channel) [list "op" "voice"]

# Accts to tweet to
# "#channel|Login|Password[|tweet-format]"
# --
# Channel name here uses lowercase, your actual
# channel case is irrevelant. But here you must
# use lowercase only
# --
# tweet-format is entirely optional and used as
# an optional local over-ride. If no tweet-format
# is given the globaltwitterformat will be used.
# --
# (list)
set twitter(accts) {
 "#yourchan|youracct|yourpass"
 "#yourchan-ops|youracct|yourpass"
 "#yourotherchan|your2ndacct|your2ndpass|<%nick:%chan> %text"
 "#yourotherchan-ops|your2ndacct|your2ndpass|<%nick> %text"
}

# If you have megahal enabled, then you might want
# to set the below option to 1. With this set you
# can then use the chanset command:
# .chanset #yourchan +twittermega
# Now your bot will reply to twitter messages at
# set intervals just to keep your account active if
# users aren't posting. The bot will not post to the
# account if it was the last one to post.
# (0 off/1 on)
set twitter(megahal) 1

# If your using megahal on your twitter for reply
# tweets to your users, what timestring interval
# would you like to use? The default string of
# "?0*" will check if it can reply every
# 10 minutes, at exactly minutes ending with 0.
# (string)
set twitter(timestring) "?0*"

# replies? a setting of 0 will post it has in
# the channel associated to your account.
# (0 channel/1 putlog)
set twitter(silent) 0

# do you want your bot to learn from twitter
# tweets from users?
# (0 off/1 on)
set twitter(learn) 1

# Do you want @mentions to be relayed directly
# to IRC when they occur?
# (0 off/1 on)
set  twitter(usementions) 1

# if your using megahal would you like your bot
# to also reply to your @mentions?
# (0 off/1 on)
set twitter(usemegareply) 1

# do you want your bot to learn from @mentions
# other users send it?
# (0 off/1 on)
set twitter(mentionlearn) 1

# set the time interval to check for new @mentions
# for each acct above? The default string of "?5*"
# will check if it can reply every 10 minutes, at
# exactly minutes ending with 5. This is so it doesn't
# collide with the timer above which posts to users
# using !tweet.
# (string)
set twitter(mentiontimestring) "?5*"

# set the limit of new @mentions the bot is going
# to be showing in channel, and/or replying to
# megahal each cycle
# (integer)
set twitter(mentionlimit) 2

# replies to private messages? a setting of 0
# will post it has in the channel associated to
# your account.
# (0 channel/1 putlog)
set twitter(mentionsilent) 0
Any comments, questions, problems, confusing bullshit not explained, other issues; feel free to shout them out in this thread.. ;)
a
ardantus
Voice

base64 still not work

Post by ardantus »

i have follow tutor but still not work if i commands
[code]
<ardan> !tweet
<ardann> [Ardantus Twitter]: Cannot find package (base64). Base64 encoding is needed to tweet. Failed.[/code]

i have install tcllib and has copied base64 directory to tcl8.4 dirs
speechles
Revered One

Re: base64 still not work

Post by speechles »

ardantus wrote:i have follow tutor but still not work if i commands

<ardan> !tweet
<ardann> [Ardantus Twitter]: Cannot find package (base64). Base64 encoding is needed to tweet. Failed.
i have install tcllib and has copied base64 directory to tcl8.4 dirs
Try taking base64.tcl and placing it in your scripts directory. Then source it like it's a normal script, but do so before you source twitter.tcl this should solve your issue. ;)
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Here is an updated version of the script for everyone. This corrects some ambiguities regarding channel settings and script configuration settings. Wording has been changed slightly and a new channel setting has been added to fix any misconceptions. I've also added a list called "service bots" and the ability to manipulate it via channel commands. Each account has it's own service bot list.

!services - list service bots for the account
+service - add a service bot or list of service bots
-service - remove a service bot or list of service bots

With the service bots list you can keep using MegaHAL for @mention replying but have it know when it's a service bot and in this way not reply to it. This helps for automated processes which are invoked by users in your irc channel using !tweet @username <text>.

Take for example this:
!tweet @accuwx <your zip code here>

This will return a reply of the weather to your irc channel from the bot which runs behind @accuwx. Think of this as the same way your bot will run with this script and MegaHAL enabled. Your account will effectively become a service bot (A MegaHAL reply one). Without the "service bot" list and MegaHAL set to reply to @mentions this can be quite spammy for your channel and your twitter accounts. Since it won't be useful data sent to the service bot but instead a MegaHAL reply, the service bot won't be able to determine what you mean. This results in a message sent back asking you to use exact syntax. Well this then causes the MegaHAL to reply yet again. This is all relayed in real time through you bot to IRC also, this is what causes the problem. This alleviates that problem 100%. You merely +service accuwx and the problem is solved. I've also constructed a very very brief README to go along with this script to explain how to configure all of the settings. Not everything is explained, but between the thread on egghelp, the README, and the header/configuration portions of the script everything is explained at least in some detail. To experiment along with me feel free to download the script and README below:

Twitter, Tweets with Megahal v4.3 (Egghelp version)
Twitter, Tweets with Megahal v4.3 (Egghelp version) - README txt
a
ardantus
Voice

Post by ardantus »

[code]<ardan> !twitter ardantus
<ardann> [Ardantus Twitter]: Getting Status For: ardantus...[/code]

This is using twitter new version.
why not shown status[/code]
a
ardantus
Voice

here is error

Post by ardantus »

[code][09:47] Tcl error [proc:twitter]: Unknown option -urlencoding, must be: -accept, -proxyfilter, -proxyhost, -proxyport, -useragent[/code]