This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Logging IRC channels that the bot is in.

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
D
Darien
Voice

Logging IRC channels that the bot is in.

Post by Darien »

Hi,

I'm running eggdrop 1.6.19. It's mostly just to keep channels from deregistering (working on the nickserv stuff now), and run dice for my game.

I'd like to get the bot to log activity in the channels, so if gaming happens when I'm not around so I have it for Storytelling - helps limit the "he said, she said" stuff. I can just read through the events myself and run the game appropriately.

I will admit... I am pretty clueless about this stuff. So step by step directions would be great --- and if it's a big job, and it's not inappropriate to ask/offer, we can discuss some possible reimbursement.

Thanks all!
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

everything you need to know about logging can be found in your eggdrop documentation, or read editing the conf file
D
Darien
Voice

Thank you!

Post by Darien »

I appreciate the links! I'll start picking through it and hopefully won't have any issues!

Thank you again!