This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

BlackTools TCL (Version 2.3)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

speechles:
First link (...?p=72710): I cannot see a striking similarity of the invite-mechanisms in bt v2.2 or the linked bt v1.9.

Second link (...?p=13580): I cannot find any nmap-operations what so ever in neither btv2.2 or bt v1.9.

Third link (...?p=13011): I cannot find such specific mechanism in either btv2.2 or bt v1.9.

Fourth link (...?p=13406): This post contains no actual code at all. Simply using the setuser and delhost commands could hardly be considered an infringement.

Fifth link (botlending.../1214): This is a very basic "ban command" script. It does feature a nice trick to support the same d2h5m3 syntax for bantime available in the native .+ban command in the dcc partyline. This trick is not implemented in either bt v2.2 or bt v1.9 - both these do, however, provide extended mechanisms to prevent "unwanted" banning. Yes, it uses a global array named "edu", but the array indexes don't match.

Sixth link (botlending.../1205): The only similarity I can see here, is the use of $edu(drtime). At best, the suggestions from caesar could be found in the code, though it's a fraction of the code in bt v1.9. They do both support banning through X, though the decision on whether to use X or not is not similar.

With all this I am not saying the code has been stolen or not. Most of the linked posts do contain rather short pieces of code, that can only be functional in a limited set of ways. In these cases, unless the code is a straight-off copy (possibly with changed variable names), it is very hard to argue a "ripoff". In the case of nmap, I can't even find any references to nmap in "blackshadow's" scripts.

speechles, though your intentions are good, those links do little to strengthen edu's case. The case of the nmap could actually hurt it. In these cases, please do explain what you think is stolen, and how.

edu:
The spirit of this website and forum is to help people develop their skills in coding, by providing answers to questions, suggestions for improvements, directions to materials worth reading, examples in code and comments, and the opportunity for people to provide solutions to other's problems. Many visitors here are not scripters, which is why there is a "Script Support & Releases" forum for developers and users to communicate bugs, issues, and releases. There is also a "Script Request" forum for those non-scripters that have not found an already-written script that fulfills their demands, which also gives aspiring scripters the opportunity to get new challenges to test their skills on.

As I've said earlier, we do take copyright infringements very seriously. That is also why you should argue your case, and not simply lash out an accusation with no information to back it up.
Sofar you have only stated that he used to use 'edu' as the name of the array containing most/all settings, but now altered it to 'black'. This does raise some questions, yet there are many plausible explanations for this that would not involve stealing your code.

/NML_375
Moderator @ egghelp.org Forum
NML_375
e
edu
Voice

Post by edu »

here's the solution..

blackshadow should upload all the versions of his script, from v.1 to this one (dont try to modify all them, it's a waste of time, trust me, I can find 'em by my own from some friends, but will take more time) and you will SEE who's left and who is right...

but, as you can see, blackshadow doesnt give a @!#& about our little discussion here
Seek the truth
e
edu
Voice

Post by edu »

take a look here: http://forum.botlending.com/threads/158 ... -3-comenzi

putlog "Alltools Tcl BLaCkShaDoW Loaded "

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Seek the truth
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

@nml375, I didn't mean for you to literally compare the two scripts closely. The only thing needing to be seen is that edu uses the edu(array) within his scripts. He has done this for quite a while, some of the posts were from 2007. This predates the existence of the "blacktools" script. Therefore, the reason for the edu(array) to be found within the "blacktools" script is a telltale sign. That sign is that he is using some of edu's code and concept within his script. To not credit the guy in any fashionable way and to go so far as to try to disguise that fact by reuploading scripts to make edu look like a liar. To me that is something children do. As Ricky Ricardo would say, "Lucy! You got some 'splaining to do!"
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Guys please stop arguing on the forum and contact Slennox to remove the script from the TCL Archive (if it's listed there).

I've been twice in the same situation like you are now edu, just ignore him and mind your own business.

Birds will peck and pigs will search in your work garbage. Call them critics and let them alone. (or something like this anyway :)
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

Oldest copy of BlackTools I have is 1.8, and the "edu" array is pervasive in that. If it's not simply coincidence, it looks like BLaCkShaDoW may have started off one day copying a few snippets that used "edu" as the array name, and just stuck everything in that array as the script developed. The inconsistent indenting throughout the script does suggest it was created in a bit of a copy-and-paste manner.

So it looks a bit suss, but so far I haven't seen evidence there's significant portions of ripped code, just the suggestion that the array name implies there may be.
BLaCkShaDoW
Op

BlackTools 2.3

Post by BLaCkShaDoW »

BlackTools 2.3 is now available. Now having a language module wich alows users to set their default language (like chanserv). Available languages :RO / EN. And of course other stuff added .

For Download follow this link : http://BlackTools.TclScripts.Net
Last edited by BLaCkShaDoW on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLaCkShaDoW Production @ WwW.TclScripts.Net
B
Behemoth
Voice

Post by Behemoth »

hello blackshadow

hw can i exempt the bot from deop certain Ops who r idling plz ?
Http://optix-pro.labrute.fr/
Http://ircaz.fr/

Losers Always Whine About Their Best, But Winners Go Home And F*** The Prom Queen!
BLaCkShaDoW
Op

Post by BLaCkShaDoW »

Behemoth wrote:hello blackshadow

hw can i exempt the bot from deop certain Ops who r idling plz ?
To see the options type !idle and to add a <nick> to except type !idle add <nick> | <botnick> idle add <nick>.
BLaCkShaDoW Production @ WwW.TclScripts.Net