This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Question for gssen.conf

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
R
Raiyan
Voice

Question for gssen.conf

Post by Raiyan »

Hi

My problem is my bot replies twice for any !seen cmd, I couldn't single out why. I am a novice. Can anybody help from where this is generating the error?

also in the gseen.conf file, I want to know what is AI and the meaning of these lines -
set ai-seen-binds {
"${nick}*seen*"
"${botnet-nick}*seen*"
"${nick}*gesehen*"
"${botnet-nick}*gesehen*"
}

Because as far as I understand, the problem is generating from this point.
Please help. Thanks.
R
Raiyan
Voice

Post by Raiyan »

Right now I found that (from http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=16148), I have to unbind the ai-seens. How to do that?
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Post by TCL_no_TK »

Try

Code: Select all

set ai-seen-binds {
"${nick}*seen*"
"${nick}*gesehen*"
} 
if in most cases the eggdrop's nickname would be same as the botnet-nick for it anyway, so you'll only need to use ${nick} :)
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Raiyan wrote:Right now I found that (from http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=16148), I have to unbind the ai-seens. How to do that?

set ai-seen-binds ""
set ai-seenstats-binds ""
Remove the entires from both lists then .restart your bot. The binds are effectively unbound.
R
Raiyan
Voice

Post by Raiyan »

Thx
R
Raiyan
Voice

Post by Raiyan »

TCL_no_TK wrote:Try

set ai-seen-binds {
"${nick}*seen*"
"${nick}*gesehen*"
} 
if in most cases the eggdrop's nickname would be same as the botnet-nick for it anyway, so you'll only need to use ${nick} :)

After doing your modification I can find some convoluted infos abt !seen cmd by the bot -

<Raiyan> !seen Missing_____M
<Bangladesh> Raiyan, I found 8 matches to your query. These are the 5 most recent ones: Proletariat, PotatO, Missing_____M, lalala, ExclusivE. Proletariat (Sadhinbang@BBE12205.4DF8396C.95E0E7B9.IP) was last seen quitting #Sadhinbangla 12 hours 41 minutes ago (21.01. 09:11) stating "irc.sadhinbangla.com" after spending 51 minutes there.

and then -

<Raiyan> !seen Missing*
<Bangladesh> Raiyan, I found 2 matches to your query: Missing_____M, Missing_M_Now_Found. Missing_____M (Sadhinbang@BBE12205.4DF8396C.95E0E7B9.IP) was last seen changing his/her nick to PotatO on #Solution 17 hours 9 minutes ago (21.01. 04:43), but PotatO mysteriously dematerialized.

My Q is the two !seen nick cmd output should be same... but why the output is like this?
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Raiyan wrote:<Raiyan> !seen Missing_____M
<Bangladesh> Raiyan, I found 8 matches to your query. These are the 5 most recent ones: Proletariat, PotatO, Missing_____M, lalala, ExclusivE. Proletariat (Sadhinbang@BBE12205.4DF8396C.95E0E7B9.IP) was last seen quitting #Sadhinbangla 12 hours 41 minutes ago (21.01. 09:11) stating "irc.sadhinbangla.com" after spending 51 minutes there.
This is a direct nickname search, this will match any nicks using the same ident@hostmask as the one you requested. A short-list of recent nicks using that same ident@hostmask is created. The last nickname used by the ident@hostmask will be your output.
Raiyan wrote:<Raiyan> !seen Missing*
<Bangladesh> Raiyan, I found 2 matches to your query: Missing_____M, Missing_M_Now_Found. Missing_____M (Sadhinbang@BBE12205.4DF8396C.95E0E7B9.IP) was last seen changing his/her nick to PotatO on #Solution 17 hours 9 minutes ago (21.01. 04:43), but PotatO mysteriously dematerialized.
This is a wildcard search, this will be nickname based, and the last event that occured for that nickname will be shown. Which in this case you've changed nick to PotatO apparently. It will then check if PotatO is still in channel, if not, it mysteriously dematerialized.
Raiyan wrote:My Q is the two !seen nick cmd output should be same... but why the output is like this?
One is a direct query, the other is a search query. The two should be different.
pogue
Voice

Post by pogue »

I'm having a similar problem, but I am using "-" as the command character for seen, as I have a network bot in the channel that responds to the "!" character.

However, anytime anyone types "seen" in the channel it still responds, even though I've unbound everything.

set ai-seen-binds ""

# this is just the same as above, but if triggered it will
# not do an ai-seen, but display its seen-stats.
set ai-seenstats-binds ""

# when doing an AI seen, ignore the following words (otherwise
# the bot might give weird answers like "<bot> nick, bot was last seen..." :)
set ai-seen-ignore "*seen*"
Example:
[12:26am] <~pogue> seen Backthen
[12:26am] <+BodyBuildingBot> I don't know who Backthen is.
[12:26am] <~pogue> -seen Backthen
[12:26am] <+BodyBuildingBot> pogue, Backthen (OhYe@h.tell.me.more) was last seen quitting #bodybuilding.com 4 hours ago (01.08. 21:25) stating "Quit: " after spending 9 minutes there.
Here's my whole gseen.conf: http://pastebin.com/Acs11M7Z

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
pogue
Helpful Tools:
  • Notepad++: Windows Text Editor with TCL Syntax Highlighting
  • Pastebin TCL: For easy script collaboration