This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Disabling Flood Control for a channel

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
g
glenlee

Post by glenlee »

I'm running Trivia.tcl on one of my channels. Eggdrop keeps kicking users for flooding. The idea behind this channel is to encourage a lot of activity. How do I disable flood control completely?
E
Errtu

Post by Errtu »

that was my question as well :smile:

Not to make this a completely useless post, i do have another question related to this: What's a good flood protection script? I want to specify which channel is allowed for flooding and which one isn't.
w
wreck

Post by wreck »

For the first question, just use:

Code: Select all

.chanset #chan flood-chan 0:0
For the second question, just use the first step on each channel you dont want to protect.
g
glenlee

Post by glenlee »

The above worked, but only temporarily.

[22:55:13] Cliff has been kicked from #GospelMusicTrivia by GospelMusic [~GospelMusi@members.fcwm.org] : [flood]

I guess it must reset when one does a .rehash. Is there a way to make it permanent? I have this in the configuration file for the channel: flood-chan 0:0, but it doesn't seem to be working.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: glenlee on 2001-09-28 00:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: glenlee on 2001-09-28 00:37 ]</font>
w
wreck

Post by wreck »

Yes, to make the settings permanent, edit them in your config file.