This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop1.6.20rc1 and SSL

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
k
kenh83
Halfop

Post by kenh83 »

how about going back and forth on whos right and whos wrong, lets update one of the most popular bot platforms out there to actually incorporate ssl and ipv6? how long has mirc had support for these two protocols? irssi? bitchx? .. point proven.
p
pseudo
Halfop

Post by pseudo »

kenh83 wrote:how about going back and forth on whos right and whos wrong, lets update one of the most popular bot platforms out there to actually incorporate ssl and ipv6? how long has mirc had support for these two protocols? irssi? bitchx? .. point proven.
How about reading before commenting?
pseudo wrote: No, eggdrop 1.6.20 doesn't have built-in support for SSL. We will finally add full IPv6 and SSL in the next eggdrop version. The current patch for .19 would need some modifications to apply to .20, but I guess somebody will release an update to it soon.

On the other hand, IPv6 and SSL are the first things which will enter the cvs after .20 so it won't be a long wait for official support Wink
mIRC has IPv6 support since the last version (a month ago). Unofficial DLLs were available, just as unofficial patches for eggdrop. Oh and btw, have you ever contributed to Eggdrop or irssi or anything open source? If no, stick to what's available and be thankful, as it's coming out of our good will, not out of your neverending complaints.

Meanwhile, eggdrop 1.8.0 CVS already has IPv6 support added and it's far more useable than older versions + buggy patches. If anybody is interested, it's available here
Beware that 3rd party modules won't work with 1.8 due to version checks, we'll eventually provide updated versions of the most common ones, as they are abandoned by their authors.
t
topdogg
Voice

Post by topdogg »

pseudo have you heard about EnergyMech? It seems like they're well ahead of you guys.
t
thommey
Halfop

Post by thommey »

Energymech doesn't support SSL either. If your comment was not about SSL but in general, it would be better to open a new thread "Eggdrop sucks, Emech rulez" to make it easier to identify your post as what it is - trolling.

PS: If anyone feels like deleting the post above me, please delete this one too.
p
pseudo
Halfop

Post by pseudo »

topdogg wrote:pseudo have you heard about EnergyMech? It seems like they're well ahead of you guys.
Energymech? What was this, can you remind me? Who has heard of it?

Oh, and why are you addressing me, when this has nothing to do with the thread topic? The advertisement page is here.
spithash
Master

Post by spithash »

So I guess we all have to wait for the next official release right ?
Libera ##rtlsdr & ##re - Nick: spithash
Click here for troll.tcl
m
marvz
Halfop

Post by marvz »

I think its safe to say that the people complaining and the post referring to energymech have nothing better to do.

If the patch works then great! Use it and move along. The developers have said it will be addressed in the next release. The thread should be done with.

Can you imagine if everyone that had a problem with their bot or issues related to the bot started complaining and whining? This place would turn into yet another forum full of bs and no solutions or support. We all encounter problems and find solutions to them. The solutions are offered throughout this site and should be tested if they solve your given issue. if they do, great. If they don't, ask and/or look for a solution. The developers aren't being compensated for their efforts/time. Be grateful for their work and take the advice/info.

I think this thread has served its purpose. Thanks to the developers for your hard work.
n
nmph
Voice

Post by nmph »

Got a little problem with ssl patch. Any help will be much appreciated.

Code: Select all

Eggdrop v1.6.20+SSL (C) 1997 Robey Pointer (C) 2010 Eggheads
[06:40:32] * Last context: main.c/955 []
[06:40:32] * Please REPORT this BUG!
[06:40:32] * Check doc/BUG-REPORT on how to do so.
Pixelz
Voice

Post by Pixelz »

nmph wrote:Got a little problem with ssl patch. Any help will be much appreciated.

Code: Select all

Eggdrop v1.6.20+SSL (C) 1997 Robey Pointer (C) 2010 Eggheads
[06:40:32] * Last context: main.c/955 []
[06:40:32] * Please REPORT this BUG!
[06:40:32] * Check doc/BUG-REPORT on how to do so.
Did you read anything in this thread?
Pixelz @ EFnet, freenode, QuakeNet, Undernet