This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop RSS Syndication (rss-synd) v0.5b1

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

JoelP53 wrote:lOk so i did that but now i have those damn \'s again, and yes my eval-tcl is set to 0 per say the read me. :-/
Elucidation is required. So here we go...

Evaluate-tcl is set to 1. Use the example below. triple escape (\\\) all brackets [].

Code: Select all

"output"    "\\\[\002\00310Wired\003\002\\\] @@item!title@@ - \00312@@item!link@@\003"
Evaluate-tcl is set to 0. Use the example below. single escape (\) all brackets [].

"output"    "\[\002\00310Wired\003\002\] @@item!title@@ - \00312@@item!link@@\003"
Wallah.
J
JoelP53
Voice

Post by JoelP53 »

Yeah thanks i figured out what you meant by reading the other post you linked to, Thankyou again :D
F
Fisch.666
Voice

Post by Fisch.666 »

Hi!

First thanks for this great script! I'm using version 0.5b2 which works without a problem.

But i have a question to the output of this script, i hope this wasn't asked before:

Are there any chances to split the content of the <description></description> rss tag into 2 or 3 messages?

Thanks in advance for a reply.
J
JoelP53
Voice

Post by JoelP53 »

Sorry for another question, But does this script have multiple line suport, I.E:

Bot< :: [Wired] Title :: Description ::
Bot< :: [URL] Url

If so how do i do it please, iv looked at all the info included and couldn't find anything, And i think it would be awesome if it had it, Mainly for the !rss command that P.M's the user more info.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

JoelP53 wrote:Sorry for another question, But does this script have multiple line suport, I.E:

Bot< :: [Wired] Title :: Description ::
Bot< :: [URL] Url

If so how do i do it please, iv looked at all the info included and couldn't find anything, And i think it would be awesome if it had it, Mainly for the !rss command that P.M's the user more info.
Use \n for newline.

"output"    "\[\002\00310Wired\003\002\] @@item!title@@ - @@item!description@@\n\00312@@item!link@@\003"
Something along those lines should get you started.
J
JoelP53
Voice

Post by JoelP53 »

Thanks bud worked a charm :-)
F
Fraud
Op

Post by Fraud »

Hey. Nice one. Thanks a lot.
Got mine working now
Is it possible to get the Time Data changed.
Right now its 2010-11-22T19:11:33+01:00

I would like to get it in this way
Date: 22.11.10 - Time: 19:11:33
D
Darkstylo
Voice

Post by Darkstylo »

Hi i've been using RSS synd for a while now and it works great, however i would like to make 1 request. Is there a possibility to make the trigger output variable?

for example
!googlenews 10

That it would parse the last 10 topics?
Also that the variable only accepts up to 10 not more for spam of course.
U
Unity
Voice

Post by Unity »

Hi guys ,

I'm trying to use the phpbb 3 atom feed with this script.
It is working nicely , but i'm not able to show a few words of the new post.
It just shows the title and the link to it.

How am i supposed to do this ?
Been trying to edit the tcl , nothing good really came out of this :p

Thanks !
a
adi2247
Voice

Post by adi2247 »

Script has been working great however it seems to be confused with the most recent post from a feed as it is not recognizing that it has already posted to the chat. every 15min is posts the same headline over and over. rehashing the script/triggering it again has not ended the loop. any tips?

*edit*

got the above fixed. Another minor issue poped up. I have a rss feed updated every 2 min on an internal lan that the script checks every 5m and should be posted to chat every 5 min (the title/description and link are timesstamped each time so it always apears as a new post)

i can see the script checking every 5 min from httpd logs, and no errors there. also !trigger shows the updated feed every 5 min, however it doesn't automaticly post every 5min to chat. I am using a base v0.5b1 install

set rss(test) {
                "url"                   "http://192.168.0.217/feed.xml"
                "channels"              "#mychan"
                "database"              "./scripts/feeds/test.db"
                "evaluate-tcl" 1
                "output" "\\\[\002\00307@@channel!title@@@@title@@\003\002\\\] @@item!title@@"
                "trigger"               "!trig"
        }

set default {
                "announce-output"       3
                "trigger-output"        3
                "remove-empty"          1
                "trigger-type"          0:2
                "announce-type"         0
                "max-depth"                     2
                "evaluate-tcl"          1
                "update-interval"       5
                "output-order"          1
                "timeout"                       60000
                "channels"                      "#mychan"
                "trigger"                       "!rss @@feedid@@"
                "output"                        "\[\002@@channel!title@@@@title@@\002\] @@item!title@@@@entry!title@@ - @@item!link@@@@entry!link!=href@@"
                "user-agent"            "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11"
        }

any ideas? the output line is actually all on 1 line in the script

**edit**
got this all fixed, changed announce output to 1 and also time stamped every link/description/title tag in the entire rss feed that being generated. deleted the old .db file and started it up again. so far so good!

Here's a killer request..... have the ability to post the output to twitter! Speechles, saw your twitter and tweets V3.3. Is it possible to install that and have an output line in the rss script set to automaticly msg itself the trigger and syntax to tweet?
f
frustro
Voice

thanks

Post by frustro »

works great so far. still learning and reading the previous posts.
a
anotheregglover
Voice

Post by anotheregglover »

I've been running rss-synd for years without a problem but after a restart of eggdrop and absolutely nothing changed on my side, the script is killing the bot everytime. There isn't anything "touched" at all in the script and replacing it with the original gives me the same message. What in the world is going on?
RSS Syndication Script v0.5b1 (2007-12-17): Loaded.
* touching my copyright suxx :(
V
Vadtec
Voice

Post by Vadtec »

Greetings,

I've been looking around the thread, and maybe I missed this, but, is there a patch/hack/setting that will make the script (re)announce a blog post that has had a content update? I have a particular blog post that is continually updated (rather than new posts being made all the time), and I would like for the script to notice the change in the content and do it's thing.

It's been a while since I had to muck with Tcl, so if someone has such a patch/hack I would be most appreciative.

# Eggdrop RSS Syndication
# -----------------------
# Date: 2007-12-17
# Version: v0.5b1
# Author(s): Andrew Scott <andrew.scott@wizzer-it.com>
# Website: http://labs.wizzer-it.com/

- Vadtec
m
mat
Voice

Post by mat »

Hey,

who can tell me the output for a twitter hashtag feed like this

with no output it looks like these:
$text - $url

but i should be like these:
[$author] $text - $url

anyone attempt it?

Greetings
Mat
F
Fraud
Op

Post by Fraud »

I want to run the Script on my Forum but i have an admin Section with special User rights. Is it possible to add some rights that the script can get the RSS Feed from that Forum part?