This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

UNOFFICIAL incith-google 2.1x (Nov30,2o12)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
f
fr3n
Voice

Post by fr3n »

speechles wrote:
NWH wrote:Hi .

I just dl this one to replace the old google one.
But i have some questions :

1- how to have 1 answer by line ??
actually it's one sentences :(
oki this one is fixed by adding correct separator
Exactly, variable seperator "\n"
I'm trying to find the line where the output for !google is but i cant find it, can you tell me at which line it is please?

thanks
Arkadietz
Halfop

Post by Arkadietz »

can you fix tcl to be faster

What i mean this is the latest version

[16:57:38] <Kiril> !f boy vs girl
[16:57:41] <Monica> By results on Google.com: girl beats boy by 3,010,000,000 to 1,670,000,000!

you see 3 seconds delay before we can see the result

[16:57:10] <SyKz> !f sun vs moon
[16:57:11] <HDBitsWhore> By results on Google.com: sun beats moon by 2,560,000,000 to 906,000,000!

here, it's on the moment we haven't a delay

2. Unpleasent result

[17:00:38] <Kiril> !g best tv show
[17:00:41] <Monica> 1,440,000,000 results | Most Popular TV Shows - TV.com @ http://www.tv.com/shows/ | Full List - The 100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME - TIME @ http://www.time.com/time/specials/packa ... 41,00.html | Best and Worst TV Shows of the 2010-2011 Season - Metacritic @ http://www.metacritic.com/feature/best- ... -11-season

it's no need to see how many results we have.
On a unix system everything is a file ; if something is not a file , it is a proccess.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

fr3n wrote:I'm trying to find the line where the output for !google is but i cant find it, can you tell me at which line it is please?

thanks
Not sure I understand what you mean. Read the config section of the script. In there exists what you want to do.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Arkadietz wrote:can you fix tcl to be faster

What i mean this is the latest version

[16:57:38] <Kiril> !f boy vs girl
[16:57:41] <Monica> By results on Google.com: girl beats boy by 3,010,000,000 to 1,670,000,000!

you see 3 seconds delay before we can see the result

[16:57:10] <SyKz> !f sun vs moon
[16:57:11] <HDBitsWhore> By results on Google.com: sun beats moon by 2,560,000,000 to 906,000,000!

here, it's on the moment we haven't a delay
Faster?! Haw... No. Unfortunately, this is how it works...
Arkadietz wrote:2. Unpleasent result

[17:00:38] <Kiril> !g best tv show
[17:00:41] <Monica> 1,440,000,000 results | Most Popular TV Shows - TV.com @ http://www.tv.com/shows/ | Full List - The 100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME - TIME @ http://www.time.com/time/specials/packa ... 41,00.html | Best and Worst TV Shows of the 2010-2011 Season - Metacritic @ http://www.metacritic.com/feature/best- ... -11-season

it's no need to see how many results we have.
Then disable total results. Easily found by reading the config section of the script.

Code: Select all

# set this to 0 to turn off total results appearing with searches.
    # ------
    variable total_results 1
Change things to suit your need. Read thru this entire thread if you need more documentation. Your question was likely asked long ago, and answered long ago. As features evolved, you can see the posts that inspired them. Etc.. Etc..

To understand how something works, such as the speed of the !fight above, just ask. Don't assume it's slow. For !fight to work it must make 2 queries in sequence. Sometimes the 2nd fetch takes forever. This is a problem between you and Google, not this script. So never assume that because you have the issue, everyone else does too. As this is almost never the case. Remember this is a hobby for me. I derive no income from this. So remember you aren't charged. You aren't forced to use my script. I do this for fun. If you like the script, great. Donate to this forum, keep it alive. I expect no income from this endeavor. It's like I said to polish my skills, learn, and as my hobby.

But seriously, read the config. Completely. It explains itself very thoroughly. Then browse this entire thread, just because you can. Any part you feel doesn't explain it's purpose enough, ask about them here and I shall elucidate you.
f
fr3n
Voice

Post by fr3n »

speechles wrote:
fr3n wrote:I'm trying to find the line where the output for !google is but i cant find it, can you tell me at which line it is please?

thanks
Not sure I understand what you mean. Read the config section of the script. In there exists what you want to do.
Apologies, found it now. Overlooked it earlier.
H
Han
Voice

Post by Han »

Hi :)

I get always when i type
"!g .de wetter:Hamburg"
the linkresults, but not the temps and so on.
Is there any failure in the script or in my settings ?
scriptversion: Incith:Google v2.0.0.c

(22:01:32) (~Han`) !g .de wetter:Hamburg
(22:01:35) (+C3PO) 8.220.000 Ergebnisse
(22:01:36) (+C3PO) Wetter Hamburg - Wettervorhersage aktuell bei wetter.com @ http://www.wetter.com/deutschland/hamburg/DE0004130.html
(22:01:37) (+C3PO) Wetter Hamburg, Deutschland Wetter :: Wettervorhersage :: 7 ... @ http://www.wetter.com/wetter_aktuell/wettervorhersage/7_tagesvorhersage/?id=DE0004130
(22:01:39) (+C3PO) Wetter Hamburg - Wettervorhersage für Hamburg bei wetter.info @ http://www.wetter.info/wetter-deutschland/hamburg/wetter-hamburg/17908208
(22:01:41) (+C3PO) Wetter Hamburg, Deutschland - Wettervorhersage für Hamburg ... @ http://www.wetter.de/wettervorhersage/49-1351-61/wetter-hamburg.html
(22:01:43) (+C3PO) Wetter: Hamburg, Deutschland. Das Wetter für Hamburg. @ http://www.wetter24.de/wetter/hamburg/49X1351.html
Thx for any help

Han
spithash
Master

Post by spithash »

I think !i !image !images doesn't work anymore..
Please correct me if I'm wrong or if it's just my problem. Thanks
Libera ##rtlsdr & ##re - Nick: spithash
Click here for troll.tcl
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Some things break over time. This is life. Let me paste this short convo from IRC to show how these updates work when something breaks:
#roms-isos @ efnet wrote:<speechles> !e .fr supergear
<@Naraku> !e .ca supergear
<@sp33chy> Your search returned 0 items.
<speechles> all the s**ts broke in one way or a n****r
<speechles> !e .it supergear
<@Naraku> !e .ca naraku
<@sp33chy> 2 risultati | PLATEAUSCHUH**S​UPER STARK**RED/DARK​BLUE**SuperGear​**40, EUR 33,50(+EUR 11,00), Compralo Subito o Proposta d'acquisto, 25g 16h 16m @ http://cgi.ebay.it/_W0QQItemZ270804482263 | Getriebeöl Fuchs Titan Supergear MC 80W-90 1L, EUR 7,70(Non specificato), Compralo Subito, 8g 15h 45m @ http://cgi.ebay.it/_W0QQItemZ350365311201 | SuperGear - Diecast Land Rover 4X4 (B) *-New/Boxed-*-,
<@sp33chy> EUR 4,53(+EUR 7,81), Compralo Subito, 12g 4h 51m @ http://cgi.ebay.it/_W0QQItemZ270691023514
<@sp33chy> 58 results | Rumiko Takahashi InuYasha Final Mini Figurine Naraku, C $13.17(Free), Buy It Now, 15d 9h 51m @ http://cgi.ebay.ca/_W0QQItemZ310221023648
<speechles> the result of the french problem is there above
<speechles> 1 result when 3 should've shown
<speechles> ebay added a new template pattern too
<@Naraku> fix it
<speechles> f**k *igga
<speechles> there is s**t tons broke within it
<@Naraku> FIX IT NOW
<speechles> and like... pay me
<@Naraku> while you are high
<speechles> send me a free pc
<@Naraku> I am not tecra
<speechles> then tomorrow it will be 100%
<speechles> and even better than ever was
<speechles> otherwise, s**t dude, reality check
<speechles> its a hobby
<speechles> i do in my free time for no $$$
<speechles> so like.. cmon
<speechles> be happy it was here so long and i support it
<@Naraku> I DON'T CARE
<speechles> not that its broke now
<@Naraku> U FIX IT NOW!
<speechles> and suddenly im a f**king a******e
<speechles> because i cant fix it 0 sec
<speechles> just be tolerant and respect the fact i did it that long
<speechles> and shall again shortly
<@Naraku> WE ARE ENTITLED TO FREE s**t AND YOU FIX IT WHEN WE ASK
<speechles> i shall fix it, because the people here use it
<speechles> and i like robots
<speechles> not because you've demanded it
<speechles> so there :P
<speechles> its a broken toy to me
<speechles> i dont expect it to gain momentum like it did
<@Naraku> YOU FIX WHAT I DEMAND YOU TO OR ELSE
<speechles> and 300+ bots use it
<speechles> on efnet alone
<speechles> i can tell, they dont change debug nick
<speechles> so prolly more like 500 or more actually use it
<speechles> as the other 200 changed debug to 0
<speechles> so its a faster script
<speechles> with debug set to 1
<speechles> like you have yours
<@Naraku> I'm lazy
<speechles> the reason it now takes 3 seconds to give google replies
<@Naraku> i should fix that
<speechles> its sending me a reply first
<speechles> before the channel
<speechles> otherwise yeah would've been 1.5 seconds
<@Naraku> that way you don't h4x0r m3
<speechles> i cant hack you with the info it sends
<speechles> i can only hijack your google session
<speechles> and see the exact same html your bot did
<speechles> bot never logs in
<speechles> so its not possible to hack you
<speechles> only see a mirror of what your bot saw
<speechles> the cookie it sends allows me to hijack the session for 5 minutes
<speechles> and see the html that bot saw
<speechles> exactly as it saw it, the cookie makes it think its me
<speechles> and doesnt care what OS i appear to be, etc
<speechles> it assumes bots is me
<speechles> since the script fakes firefox browser
<speechles> the UA is all that can differ
<speechles> so use firefox, hijack bots cookie
<speechles> i can see the exact problem you had
<speechles> and fix it
<speechles> not hack your bot
If you've read all that. You can likely deduce why it takes 3 seconds for your bot to send the reply to the channel? Maybe? Probably? Hopefully? If not, re-read this entire part. Over and over, over... Then realize, an ounce of patience, is a pound of cure. What this means to everybody differs ever so slightly. But the real meaning is, more don't look a gift-horse in the mouth. When you fail to see something, assume I have as well. I use the script too, in fact, far more than you. I see those bots on efnet, some approach the amount of use mine gets, but most pale in comparison. Remember that I am human just like you, with a real life, a full time job, children, and all the joys of paying rent, paying bills, enjoying outdoors, etc... Every single one of us needs to experience life and our interpretation of it. My hobby is this scripting thing. This means every day a certain portion gets devoted. I'm not going to sit here solid for 14 hours and fix it all. Nor am I going to work 7 hours on it every day. Whatever time I have left for this hobby during the day is what there is. This is black and white. I just felt it was worth noting. Maybe you didn't. If so, feel free to post some feedback/hate/etc and your criticism will be accepted.

Expect a real update shortly, not just some fancy text with feelings attached. Nobody cares about posts like that right? So yeah, new version very soon .... :P
Trixar_za
Op

Post by Trixar_za »

I'd probably not have sit through that conversation without trying to kill or ban the person. Speaking from the perspective of somebody that runs a free service, these kind of conversations are more likely than not these days.

To be blunt, we pay for our bandwidth, site hosting, data for uploading and testing et al to bring you stuff for free which you can choose to use or not. This entitles you to nothing except our kindness. If you don't like it, then feel free to pay us for our services, at which point we'd be happy to do it on your deadlines. Otherwise feel free to use something else or better yet, fix it yourself and share it with everybody else. Demands will just make us ignore you since reasoning with you never works anyway.

Sorry, just had to say that outloud.
spithash
Master

Post by spithash »

Trixar_za wrote:I'd probably not have sit through that conversation without trying to kill or ban the person. Speaking from the perspective of somebody that runs a free service, these kind of conversations are more likely than not these days.

To be blunt, we pay for our bandwidth, site hosting, data for uploading and testing et al to bring you stuff for free which you can choose to use or not. This entitles you to nothing except our kindness. If you don't like it, then feel free to pay us for our services, at which point we'd be happy to do it on your deadlines. Otherwise feel free to use something else or better yet, fix it yourself and share it with everybody else. Demands will just make us ignore you since reasoning with you never works anyway.

Sorry, just had to say that outloud.
I think they are both friends and that guy was actually joking/fooling around with speechles :)
Libera ##rtlsdr & ##re - Nick: spithash
Click here for troll.tcl
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

spithash wrote:I think they are both friends and that guy was actually joking/fooling around with speechles :)
Yeah, that was just superGear, using one of his million nick-names, Naraku. superGear/Naraku/superBear/sugarPear/sh/etc/etc .. guy has honestly... wait, I can check.. one sec
<speechles> !seen *!*@supergear.net
<sp33chy> speechles, I found 4 matches to your query: superGear, Naraku, sh, Actions. superGear was last seen leaving the partyline from sp33chy 1 day 11 hours 41 minutes ago (24.09. 23:07).
Bot knows him as only 4. I only started that !seen thing a month ago because other bot that ran that for us, isn't doing so anymore. But that bot had like 40 different nicknames he has used over time. superGear is "Guiness Book" record holder for his achievement. He was merely playing around above. Demonstrating for me how most people approach updates. They get demanding, use uppercase, and are quite annoying. ;)

There is literally _A TON_ of stuff broken in the google script ATM. Next update may not address all of these, but it will address most of the "!google" issues, because those are the most used features along with !wiki.

.... To be continued ...
t
tommytom
Voice

Post by tommytom »

Could we get your work-in-progress version?
I'm still sitting on your current released version and a lot is still broken.

I'd rather work with that then the current version... fixing things that might already be fixed.

I was in the channel the other day (lost my mIRC config, so I gotta set it up again) and the one word search that breaks on the current release is still broken in your live one (assuming you are running that script in there, or did you say you were?).

I'm thinking about going back to my 1.88 (IIRC) version where I had almost everything fixed already. Sure, it's missing a lot of features, but it was working. That is, unless you are putting up a partially fixed version of yours soon.

I'll idle in the channel again, but I gotta go back thru the pages and find the info. Just highlight me in there if you need to talk to me. Wish I had my logs of the one-word search I did that broke...

Edit:
Actually, I still have my logs. I thought I deleted the whole sandbox... Whatever...

-[ 17:26.11 ]- -( TommyTom ): !g tvcatchup
-[ 17:26.24 ]- -( TommyTom ): !g test
-[ 17:26.27 ]- -( @sp33chy ): 2,600,000,000 results | Test.com Web Based Testing and Certification Software v2.0 @ http://test.com/ | Speakeasy - Speed Test @ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ | Test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test
-[ 17:26.59 ]- -( TommyTom ): so, it is a problem with the script. doesn't eror and doesnt return anything on "tvcatchup" search
M
Mysticales
Voice

Post by Mysticales »

Looks nice this script. Tried it, Ok alot works. Alot doesnt with the 2011 version. Youtube keeps saying no results found. Has there been a fix for that?

Also dont like how gamefaqs works. (Also seems to be missing PSX and some other old systems, would just be nicer to not need those variables, just let us search the game and it pull the results)

Also is it possible to make in the tcl a way to enable and disable parts of it? I dont want all of them enabled. (If that can be done?) Otherwise nice work. =D
~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
t
tmyoungjr
Voice

Post by tmyoungjr »

Mysticales wrote:Looks nice this script. Tried it, Ok alot works. Alot doesnt with the 2011 version. Youtube keeps saying no results found. Has there been a fix for that?

Also dont like how gamefaqs works. (Also seems to be missing PSX and some other old systems, would just be nicer to not need those variables, just let us search the game and it pull the results)

Also is it possible to make in the tcl a way to enable and disable parts of it? I dont want all of them enabled. (If that can be done?) Otherwise nice work. =D
You can comment out any of the binds you don't want to use.

just change the binds from :

variable google_binds "g google goog"
to

# variable google_binds "g google goog"
M
Mysticales
Voice

Post by Mysticales »

Yea saw that later on.

One odd issue tho. How come youtube doesnt work? Also tried Video, that didnt work either.

Another odd thing... I changed how many results it should display (To just 2) but when I went to .rehash it would crash the bot out with a conf error. Not sure why since it was just a single number change.
~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~